TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCES
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a dynamic and growing portfolio management company located in Montreal, is seeking a Vice President Finance to join the finance function of the company.
CPA, CA, minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, fluently bilingual, team supervision. Experience in private and public investment funds. Great rigor, entrepreneurial spirit, and business acumen.
Insurance, Banking & Finance
Are you interested in this position?
THE ROLE: VICE-PRESIDENT, FINANCE – CONFIDENTIAL
The Vice-President, Finance will be responsible for the financial department of this dynamic and growing portfolio management company.They will support senior management, investors and the portfolio management team and lead them to success. Our client invests directly in the global private and public markets and also through external portfolio managers in different asset classes and regions. Acting as the President’s right-hand man, the Vice President Finance will need to demonstrate strong strategic skills and a great confidence in the field, taking on many challenges. He/she will also need to have a entrepreneurial spirit to participate in the growth of a growing firm. As a member of the management team, the responsibilities of the candidate in this role will include helping to make strategic business decisions, both in operational and administrative office management.
Our client will also consider candidates who do not have experience in investment funds or in portfolio management, but with varied professional experience in different industries and in large companies as an executive. The candidate should ideally have been exposed to a variety of situations such as restructuring or M&A and other special projects while possessing excellent business acumen.
Candidates who have worked in a Big 4 accounting firm will be given priority.
▪ To lead efforts primarily in the areas of finance, taxation, accounting, financial and investment reporting, human
resources, information technology and Treasury
▪ Produce and present financial statements and strategic analysis to support decisions to senior management and
owners in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
▪ Participate in the strategic business review bringing together ideas and financial elements to ensure the growth
through best practices
▪ Be the person responsible for the financial and investment report as well as the indicators of performance
▪ Develop the KPI report and recommendations to the executive members to support the strategy of the global
enterprise with the aim of assisting investment decisions and operations
▪ Responsible for back-office and mid-office functions (i.e. value-added services for front-office needs)
▪ Conduct operations in the different spheres of the department for finance, taxes, accounting and fund administration
▪ Produce all financial planning, budget and forecast reports
▪ Ensure continuous improvement of all financial, business and administrative processes to support the company as it
expands into new market opportunities
▪ Provide leadership, management, motivation and career development for a team of 3 to 4 people.
▪ Participate in other ad hoc projects such as business acquisitions
▪ 20+ years experience in the field with a minimum of 5 years in a similar role (senior executive)
▪ Professional designation: CPA
▪ Advanced level in English and French is an asset
▪ An asset: Experience in investment fund reporting, including both public and private markets
▪ An asset: Previous experience in a senior position for a portfolio management company with complex investments
▪ If no investment experience, experience in mergers and acquisitions or corporate restructuring and other business
strategies would be necessary.
▪ Knowledge of taxes (corporate and personal)
▪ Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with a heightened sense of responsibility and high level of
▪ Proven expertise in understanding business issues
▪ Ability to resolve complex situations by providing practical and innovative solutions
▪ High skills with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
▪ Superior organizational competencies, detail-oriented, results-oriented and strong strategic thinking
▪ Entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable working in a dynamic and constantly changing environment
▪ Increased business acumen and ability to translate the operational side of the business into a financial and
▪ Excellent communication skills, results-oriented with a high level of engagement and of integrity
▪ Ability to convey information in a concise, organized and expressive form
▪ Skills in planning, execution and control activities to achieve business projects reliable
▪ Excellent analytical and strong problem-solving skills
▪ Strong team spirit and collaboration with the aim of leading the company to success
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.