TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE
Please note that this position is now filled.
We are looking for a Vice President Finance for our client, a small to medium sized real estate company.
CPA title, minimum of 12 years in a position of responsibility within the finance and accounting function, team supervision.
The ideal candidate has excellent knowledge of financing, taxation, risk management and treasury and has worked in the real estate industry before. He is a team player who wishes to participate and contribute to the success of the company.
Contact the TALINKO team!
Are you interested in this position?
Working under the responsibility of the President as well as within the Management Committee and being very involved in establishing and executing the strategy of the group of companies, the Vice President Finance (VPF) will be primarily responsible for managing the accounting and information technology team, owner relations, risk management, treasury and taxation. In order to to be successful in this position, the Vice President Finance will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Analyze the financial performance of the companies and propose solutions to maintain and develop the profitability of projects and investments;
- Participate in the development of the organization’s global strategies by integrating the reality of the situation.
- Advising senior management on strategic planning, tax strategies and financial planning.
- Supervise the preparation of financial statements and other management reports to support decision-making of the business;
- Preparation of tax returns as well as tax planning for the entire group of companies as well as for the owners;
- Manage all financing and investment projects, develop and maintain excellent business relationships with investors, financial institutions and authorities
- Participate in acquisition projects and the implementation of the infrastructure necessary for integration.
- Manage cash flow to ensure that the company meets its financial obligations;
- Supervising all real estate operations related to real estate or construction projects; and construction.
- Put in place management and control mechanisms for asset management;
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of budgeting and accounting, as well as the development of management reports;
- Guiding the accounting team in the production of monthly, quarterly and quarterly financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation of management reports to support decision-making;
- Guide and train employees and provide active leadership within his department;
- Management and development of a team of 9 people;
- Supervising and coaching information technology;
- Participate in the administrative tasks related to the smooth operation of the group of companies as well as the management of the company. Perform other duties associated with the position of Vice President Finance (VFP) that may reasonably ask the CEOs of the various divisions.
- Undergraduate university education in accounting and the title of professional accountant (CPA).
- A minimum of 12 years in a position of responsibility within the finance and accounting function, preferably within a private real estate or construction company, preferably with a structure multi-entity organization.
Required skills and knowledge
- Excellent business acumen in an SME context;
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian taxation;
- Strong expertise in financial accounting;
- Experience in the administrative management of a private company;
- Experience in construction or real estate (an asset);
- Experience in project monitoring and project accounting (an asset);
- Experience in the supervision of computer systems;
- Excellent strategic skills combined with a developed practical sense;
- Professional with the ability to play a strategic advisory role;
- Good communication, negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to grasp business and operational issues;
- Entrepreneurial temperament, strong propensity for action;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and very determined team player;
- Highly adaptable;
- Bilingual (French and English);
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.