TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) SENIOR COMPLIANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT ADVISOR
Please note that this position is now filled.
Talinko has a new job posting available!
We are looking for a Senior compliance and Risk Management Advisor.
Are you interested in this position?
Our client, a professional order based in Montreal, is looking for a Senior Compliance and Risk Management Advisor to join its team. The company’s mandate is to ensure integrity, accessibility, rigour by providing a framework for its members and ensuring the protection of the public. This entity has an important role to play in several areas, including leadership, contribution to societal debates, organizational development and governance of the profession. Several major strategic directions are at the heart of the organization’s mission, namely to evolve, enhance and promote the profession while ensuring that skills development is maintained by the continuous training of its members. The role of the Senior Compliance and Risk Management Advisor will be involved in achieving these key and strategic objectives.
STRATEGIC ROLE: SENIOR COMPLIANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT ADVISOR
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, this new role will involve :
- Ensure the application of policies, processes and procedures related to sound administrative management
- Ensure that the organization develops tools and implements best practices for managing compliance
- Manage information security policies by providing advice to improve them
- Plan, organize, direct and control the activities of his department by participating in the definition of the strategy and its objectives
- Recommend improvements in order to optimize processes
- Analyze risks and implement best practices in terms of compliance and internal controls
- Advising various internal clients on compliance issues
- Make recommendations on financial and administrative management and ensure that these recommendations are implemented.
- Revise administrative policies, guidelines and procedures to promote best practices for the business
- Identify compliance risks and implement the necessary action plans for political compliance
- Develop control tools in compliance with laws, regulations, guidelines and requirements of the organization
- Develop and disseminate compliance training programs to raise awareness within the organization.
- Inform, guide and respond to the various requests from managers in their activities related to the compliance and risk management according to policies and regulations
- Plan and implement the programme representing all the projects and tasks included in the schedule validating that corporate risk management is operating in each of the departments in accordance with the policy and structure established
- Carry out the mandates given by the Finance Committee and produce management and audit reports as requested
- Have a customer-oriented consulting role to support the different departments
- Possession of a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Have training in internal audit and risk management (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in organizational risk management
- Experience in process implementation
- Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as Dynamics and SAP
- Excellent writing skills
- Skills for analysis, modeling and application of statistical models
- Mastery of the MS Office suite
- Excellent command of French and good command of English (spoken and written).
- Judgment and autonomy
- Spirit of analysis and synthesis
- Interpersonal skills and political savvy
- Advisory role
- Sense of customer service
- Integrity and Ethics
- Sense of Confidentiality
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.