TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a large private international manufacturing and wholesale company, is looking for a Senior Accountant to be part of the dynamic team of its Montreal division. The Senior Accountant heads an accounting group and reports to the Controller. Among other things, he will be responsible for complex accounting activities and process development.
CPA designation (an asset), 3-5 years of relevant experience in accounting and financial information, full accounting cycle, bilingual.
Are you interested in this position?
The Senior General Accountant is a leader of an accounting group and reports to the Controller. Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and organizational practices, the candidate will perform complex accounting activities and process development. His responsibilities include, but not limited to accountability for account reconciliation, financial reporting, budget preparation, and provision of financial management advice to various stakeholders.
The Senior General Accountant responsibilities include:
- Manages monthly closing of the financial records and posting of month-end information to ensure the accuracy of financial statements
- Masters the company’s policies to ensure expenditures claims, accrual and journal entries are appropriate and accurate, as well as revenue accounts, are correctly coded
- On a monthly basis, review unit financial statements for accuracy, and financial health (i.e. Cash flow, fund balances, budgetary performance, etc.)
- Develops new processes to promote efficiencies and improve internal controls
- Implements and maintains systems and policies to support new processes
- Advises and mentor accountants, and partners regarding policy, tax law and accounting principles
- Prepares the monthly journal entries to record purchases and sales of investment portfolio assets, and any related gain or loss, based on the information supplied to him/her by the Investment Officer
- Approves journal entries
- Performs significant account reconciliations ensuring that they are prepared on a timely basis and that appropriate clearing actions are taken & monthly consolidations.
- Prepare various accruals / pre-paid and ensure transactions are reflected in the appropriate accounting period.
- Prepare annual audit schedule and financial statements in accordance with the requirements of the funding agreements.
- Ensures government filings are prepared in accordance with all applicable policies and guidelines.
- Critically prepare, review and analyze monthly budget variance report and balance sheet accounts regularly” & “Identify+ all significant budget variances and ensure information is complete and accurate”
- Discuss budget variance analysis reports, forecasts and corrective action with partners.
- Prepare multi-year forecasts on behalf of clients & other analytics as requested on an ad hoc basis
- Maintain client entity registration for the taxes including timely filing of returns.
- Research and/or prepare various analytical and financial reports.
- Remain fluent with and understand the company’s policies to ensure accounting transactions are in line with policy and procedure.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing professional communications with clients and develop an understanding of client requirements, providing detailed solutions and explanations to queries.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance / Accounting
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in full-cycle accounting (AP/AR/GL)
- CPA designation (an asset)
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing or distribution organization (an asset)
- Fluent in English & French (bilingual)
- Working knowledge of US GAAP is highly valued
- Experience with Microsoft ERP systems (Dynamic NAV is a plus)
- Advanced level skills with MS Excel and MS Word for handling large volumes of data
- Function knowledge specific to VLOOKUP’s and index/match, indirect, trims, left, right, mid, substitute, if statements (with or/and logic) and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Experience supervising a team
- Must be flexible for occasional travel to visit clients & offices in Vermont and to work overtime if required
- Ability to prioritize
- Must pose excellent organizational skills and be able to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills are a must
- Ability to lead
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
ollow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.