TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) HR BUSINESS PARTNER – PAYROLL SPECIALIST
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a large international private company in the manufacturing and wholesale trade, is looking for an HR Business Partner – Payroll Specialist to be part of the dynamic team of its Montreal division. Reporting directly to the President, the successful candidate will primarily perform the functions of HR generalist and payroll administration for employees in Canada and the United States, facility maintenance and building security.
A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience including experience in the administration of payroll and benefits, bilingual, Office Management, and knowledge of ADP systems.
Send us your application without delay.
Are you interested in this position?
THE ROLE: HR Business Partner – Payroll Specialist
Our client, a large private international wholesale-manufacturing company, is looking for an HR Business Partner – Payroll Specialist to join the dynamic team of his Montreal division. We are looking for a candidate to fill this new role in our client dynamic team. This role is in Montreal and will be the main point of contact for all HR and payroll-related inquires and will report to the President, located in the United States.
This is a full-time managerial position. Primary responsibilities include HR support and Payroll Administration for Canada & US employees, Facility Maintenance and building security. This position requires a candidate with strong organizational skills and a willingness to jump in where need to support the business objectives.
Primary responsibilities include HR Generalist Duties and Payroll Administration for Canada and US employees, Facility Maintenance and building security.
The HR Business Partner – Payroll Specialist responsibilities include:
- Ensure hours are categorized and allocated to correct cost centers throughout the Organization
- Administer the accumulation of payroll submissions (salary and hourly employees), as well as special payments, and submit the completed payrolls to ADP (bi-weekly) for both Canada & the US divisions
- Review the returned payroll for accuracy
- Prepare and transmit payments for RPP, RRSP, 401K, any applicable garnishments, benefits administration, yearly review and other compensation duties and analysis as required.
- Update payroll system and (where applicable) electronic timekeeping system with all pertinent information for new employee set-ups, department transfers, personal information changes, employment status changes, and payroll deduction changes
- Assist the corporate Human Resources department as required through participation in daily activities (recruitment, training and support on projects)
- Maintain employee files throughout the organization
- Maintain the system for tracking personnel records, including personal information, wage and salary information, job descriptions, annual objectives, performance reviews, education and training log, safety program, etc.
- Prepare Records of Employment as required, under legislated timeframes
- Effective organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to provide flexible coverage/hours of work to meet operational needs
- Act as the Payroll and Benefits Program Manager as required & leads company compliance with all existing governmental and labour reporting requirements
- Responsible for security administration within the building
- Responsibility for Safety procedures to include bi-annual safety drills
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as HR Generalist with previous experience in payroll and benefits administration
- Fluent in English & French (bilingual)
- Knowledge of Canadian and Quebec employment rules, regulations and legislation applicable to Canadian payroll, benefits and pension administration a must, as well as Federal and State laws for VT, PA, and NY
- Working knowledge and experience with ADP payroll systems required
- Proficiency with MS Office applications – Excel Focus
- Strong work ethic and team player
- A high degree of professionalism
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We subscribe to the principle of employment equity.
TALINKO is a company specializing in recruiting professionals, intermediate and senior executives with high potential. We accompany all our clients and candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine gender is only used to relieve the text, and it is done without prejudice for the feminine.