TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) FINANCIAL INFORMATION AND CONTROL DIRECTOR
Please note that this position is now filled.
We are looking for a Director, Financial Reporting and Control.
Accounting title, 10-15 years relevant experience, reporting, full accounting cycle, internal control, treasury, team supervision.
Contact us now!
Montreal South Shore
Are you interested in this position?
STRATEGIC ROLE: Director, Financial Reporting and Control
Our client is looking for a Director, Financial Reporting and Control to join their team.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director, Financial Information and Control ensures the reliability and
accuracy of the company’s accounting records. He sees to the smooth running of the company’s accounting and
financial operations. He manages all accounting aspects and ensures compliance with the accounting standards in
force and the procedures of internal controls. He supervises a professional and technical team in the accounting
department and more specifically, he will be called upon to:
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls activities related to accounting, reporting and financial controls;
- Prepares and analyzes quarterly internal financial statements, consolidated financial statements, financial
statements and financial controls.
- Prepares, produces and reviews quarterly and annual financial reports
- Ensure the follow-up and management of the various corporate insurance coverage;
- Develop, implement and monitor internal control policies and procedures;
- Ensure the optimization of various accounting processes;
- Maximize the profitability of liquid assets by making the necessary investments, and participate in the
strategy of changes abroad;
- Collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer and the heads of the various departments in the establishment of
the annual budget and ensure its follow-up;
- Conducting, preparing and coordinating the annual audit file in collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer;
- Ensures that the standards established by the auditors are applied;
- Organize and supervise the annual external audit;
- Collaborate with the business units of the company by improving, revising and developing systems and
report management system that allows the achievement of business objectives;
- Accompany the OFC in the search for financing;
- Presenting, analyzing and communicating all financial analyses to various committees (committee, Board of
Directors, Board of Directors, executive, management committee, audit committee, etc.);
- Ensure constant communication between operations and finance in order to develop a culture of financial
- Recruiting, developing and supervising employees in his department;
- Carry out all other tasks related or relevant to the activities of this sector according to the evolution of the
business and/or the emergence of new priorities
- Have a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related discipline;
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA, CGA or CA);
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in accounting and a minimum of five (5) years in an accounting
firm in a similar leadership role;
- Bilingualism, oral and written.
- Advanced knowledge of the Office Suite, mainly Excel;
- Experience with an ERP accounting system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work both operationally and strategically in a highly dynamic environment;
- Ability to work in a team environment, sense of customer service;
- Analytical skills, organizational skills and excellent priority management.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form