TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Please note that this position is now filled.
We are looking for a Financial Controller for our client, a well established public company.
Recognized CPA professional designation, 10 to 15 years experience in a management or similar role, team supervision.
Great challenges! Greater Montreal area.
Transportation / Automotive
Are you interested in this position?
THE STRATEGIC ROLE: Financial Controller
Reporting to the Vice President Finance, the Financial Controller directs the accounting function and acts as the person in charge of the accounting function of all financial information relevant to the Canadian divisions of the Automotive Group Canada. In charge of a team of 7 people, he/she will have to assume, among others, the following functions :
- Provides financial information likely to demonstrate trends, explain budget variances and makes recommendations in
- Responsible for the production of monthly financial statements for the entire Group
- Responsible for monitoring assets, liabilities and inter-subsidiary transactions
- Responsible for the preparation and monitoring of cash flow
- Responsible for monitoring the monthly bank reconciliations of corporate stores and subsidiaries of the Canadian division
- Responsible for the capital expenditure approval process, monitoring of store capital assets and subsidiaries of the
- Participates in the annual audit process with the auditors
- Ensures the integration of corporate store acquisitions at the accounting and month-end levels
- Provides technical support to the various divisions of the Canadian Group
- Participates in the improvement of business processes
- Promotes standardization of Canadian Group processes
- Responsible for the analysis and implementation of internal controls for the Group
- Responsible for the management, development and training of his team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or administration, accounting option.
- Possess a recognized professional accounting designation
- 10 to 15 years of experience in a management or similar role
- Excellent command of spoken and written French and English
- Mastery of the MS Office suite, as well as report generation tools such as BI and GCP
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and other financial laws and rules
- Excellent mastery of accounting operations in a multi-site context.
- Knowledge of a large ERP system
- Experience in wholesale and/or retail distribution
- Recognized as an authentic and mobilizing team player while being an effective influential player in the eyes of others
- Professional judgment and good ability to quickly grasp business issues
- Competence in planning, executing and monitoring activities to achieve business objectives
- Ability to build strong partnerships and support other managers
- Credibility as a financial expert in operations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication
- Ability to manage interpersonal relationships at all levels
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Integrity, ethics
- Very good people management skills
- Competence in change management
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.