TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) FINANCIAL ANALYSTE - R&D
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a public manufacturing company, a leader in its field, located in Estrie, is looking for a Financial Analyst – R&D who will join its team of motivated and innovative professionals.
CPA, minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in auditing or financial reporting, excellent command of Excel, bilingual (functional English).
Are you interested in this position?
About our client
Our client, BRP, is looking for a Financial Analyst – R&D to join its team of motivated and innovative professionals located in Valcourt, Estrie.
Life at BRP
We create innovative ways to move – on snow, water, asphalt. In the air, on the ground and everywhere in between.
Built on a 75-year tradition of ingenuity and intensive customer focus, BRP is headquartered in the Canadian town of Valcourt, Quebec and operates manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Finland, and Austria. We have a total workforce of more than 12,500 driven, resourceful people.
Our portfolio of industry-leading and distinctive products includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am on- and off-road vehicles, Alumacraft and Manitou boats, Evinrude and Rotax marine propulsion systems as well as Rotax engines for karts, motorcycles and recreational aircraft. We support our lines of product with dedicated parts, accessories, and clothing business to fully enhance your riding experience.
Because it’s not about the destination. It’s about the journey. Yours! We are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve within an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Why join the team?
- To meet the exciting challenges of a multinational company headquartered in Quebec and to have the opportunity to make a difference by contributing to its success;
- To deploy your talents and knowledge in a company that develops and manufactures exciting products;
- To work within a team that promotes individuals’ personal and professional development.
Life in Estrie – An ideal marriage between the city and the outdoors!
More than a job located in the region, you will also have the pleasure of discovering life in Estrie:
- It’s cycling circuits
- It’s three tourist routes
- It’s many microbreweries and gourmet experiences
- It’s breathtaking landscapes and gardens
- It’s Villages Hearts – 13 emblematic villages and towns that beautifully outline the features of the region
A work environment adapted to current issues and which promotes balance while maintaining a strong collaborative spirit thanks to a combination of telework and face-to-face.
- Part-time teleworking possible: For this position, the employee will have the option of teleworking at the rate of 2-3 days/week regularly (except if certain occasional projects would require to be physically on the premises of job).
- So, whether you are in Estrie or near Montreal, you will have the possibility of teleworking!
- Relocation: Possibility of reimbursing certain costs related to the relocation and additional services to support you during the process.
The strategic role: Financial Analyst – R&D
Financial analyst – Research & Development and Support to Business Units participates, in close collaboration with the product development team, in the filing of the Scientific Research & Experimental Development (“SR&ED”) claim with tax authorities for BRP entities.
As such, he must ensure the quality and integrality of the financial information included in the claim as well as the proper accounting of related credits claimed.
Proactive and organized, you will have, among other things, the opportunity to exploit your talents and skills by assuming the following roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare Canadian SR&ED claims;
- Participate in Canadian tax audits relating to SR&ED;
- Act as a liaison to support the Vehicle Development and Design Innovation departments;
- Ensure proper accounting for SR&ED claims
- Perform and coordinate the preparation of projections and budget for SR&ED credits.
- Recognized professional certification in accounting (CPA)
- A minimum of two (2) years of experiences in audit or financial reporting
- Master’s degree in taxation or equivalent (an asset)
- Bilingue – Excellent French and functional English
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SAP (an asset)
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills
- Good management of priorities and respect of deadlines
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and intellectual curiosity
- Communication skills and strong team spirit
- Have a sense of initiative and good problem-solving skills
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.