TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR OF SALES OPERATIONS
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a world-leading manufacturing and distribution company located in Montreal, is looking for a Senior Manager, Sales Operations to join its dynamic team.
MBA, CFA or CPA is an asset, a minimum of 5 years of work experience in sales, management consulting or business and data analysis required, bilingual.
Contact our team!
Pharmaceutical / Medical
Are you interested in this position?
Success and constant growth since its foundation. our client, a world-leading manufacturing and distribution company located in Montreal, is looking for a Director, Sales Operations to join his avant-garde, dynamic and multi-dimensional sales team. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who want to make a difference. If you like to make numbers talk, develop new tools and processes while working in a fast-paced business environment, we would like to meet you.
THE ROLE: Director, Sales Operations
The Director, Sales Operations will be responsible for the management of the Business Intelligence (BI) teams, planning of the (PD) and contract management to provide actionable information and analysis to business groups, and marketing.
The incumbent of this high-impact, high-visibility position will work with the company’s senior executives to maximize the number of customers, revenues and profitability. The successful candidate will oversee profitability by account, contract or key segment and will ensure that all relevant sales and marketing data are integrated into accurate demand forecasts. The ideal candidate will have experience in sales, analysis, sales forecasting, and development of similar functions in previous positions. He will be an independent and creative thinker and change agent who focuses on asking the right questions in order to get the best answers.
KEY COMPETENCIES :
Analytical ability and business acumen: The Director, Sales Operations is sought after with skills in the following areas and is able to translate the results of the analyses into action plans (PoA), evaluation risks and business implications.
Leadership: The desired Director, Sales Operations works closely with senior management In the commercial sector to guide operational strategies and tactics. He develops and improves his team, IA, PD and contracts to support the continued growth of the company.
Communication: The desired Director, Sales Operations must be able to communicate with an audience of varied. He/she must have excellent communication skills as he/she will be working with many players within different functions and with different hierarchical levels within the organization.
Sales Effectiveness : The successful candidate must have a proven track record of working with sales managers and their teams to improve the efficiency and return on investment of the sales team’s efforts. Specifically, the candidate will be asked to:
Provide the sales and marketing teams with actionable insights:
- Overseeing the analysis and reporting of the AI team, monitoring and compiling internal and external data sets, and by presenting observations and conclusions.
- Be responsible for CRM tools and data (Salesforce).
- Leverage CRM to track sales team productivity and identify new opportunities and prospects.
- Analyze data sets to understand market, sales and profitability trends.
- Present ideas to sales and marketing teams to maximize profitable growth.
- Support sales/marketing in understanding the return on investment associated with marketing and sales programs.
- Recommend changes in structure and programs as required to maximize return on investment.
- Support marketing and sales teams in establishing market competitive pricing principles, while maximizing the return on the company’s bottom line
- Be a key participant in the development of sales plans and accounts for the annual budget process.
Oversee the profitability of key accounts, segments or contracts :
- Reviewing performance results against targets and recommending corrective actions to sales and marketing.
- Define KPIs, dashboards, and other tools to track sales against budget, forecast and charts of accounts
- Highlighting non-performing accounts and segments, areas of risk and exposures to competition, and propose corrective measures to sales and marketing managers.
- Support trade negotiations by providing information on the impacts on profitability, structures possible (discount programs, special market prices, etc.).
- Review customer contracts, terms and conditions.
Maximize the process to get the right inventory in the right warehouse at the right time :
- Ensuring that the demand planning teams have entered all necessary data and variables into the forecasts of the application.
- Ensuring a seamless workflow between sales and marketing data
- Be responsible for meeting the accuracy objectives of the planned composition.
Manage and develop human capital within the AI, PD and contract teams :
- Developing personal relationships with their direct reports while motivating them to give their best.
- Refine team mandates and structures (3) in order to improve their service delivery to the sales teams sales and marketing.
- Motivate, coach and develop team members (3).
- Create professional development plans for all direct reports.
- Evaluate performance against objectives.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in sales, business and data analysis or management consulting
- University degree (bachelor’s degree) in commerce/finance/data science
- Professional designation: MBA, CPA (CA) or CFA (an asset)
- Experience in the medical industry (an asset)
- Experience with CRM tools
- Possesses expertise in AI
- Advanced skills with the Microsoft Office suite
- Good understanding of financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss) and is able to evaluate the return on investments or the economic value added of the business sectors, customers and marketing
- Programming skills (an asset)
- Bilingualism (French, English)
- Excels in an ever-changing business environment.
- Is curious and asks the right questions.
- Ability to establish good working relationships
- Strong leadership and people skills to positively influence team, peers and clients and cross-cutting functions
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and draw actionable conclusions from it
- Superior organizational and planning skills to facilitate project management
- Ability to identify risks and mitigation plans
- Presence and fluency in presentations to senior management
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.