TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR OF FINANCES
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a company in the field of professional services with a varied and international clientele, located in downtown Montreal, is looking for a Director, Finance to join its team of professionals. The Director, Finance will be called upon to ensure sound financial management under the laws and accounting principles and see to the keeping of the company’s accounts under the supervision of the Managing Director.
CPA, a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, experience in a professional services company, experience in team supervision, bilingual.
Are you interested in this position?
The Director, Finance will be responsible for ensuring sound financial management in accordance with accounting laws and principles and see to the keeping of the company’s accounts under the supervision of the General Manager. More specifically, its responsibilities will include :
- Participate in the preparation of internal monthly financial statements, quarterly financial statements and the documentation for annual audit
- Create financial dashboards and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Implement a business case process
- Reviewing the company’s accounting processes and procedures, ensuring their continuous improvement
- Supervise and coordinate the work as well as provide support and training to the accounting staff under his/her supervision = responsibility (6 people)
- Taking charge of and following up on budget forecasts
- Ensure that internal controls are in compliance with company policies and procedures while ensuring their effectiveness
- Make sure to carry out the necessary follow-ups and maintain good relations with financial institutions.
- Assisting the Director-General in special projects
- Any other duties related to the role
- Hold a bookkeeping title (CPA, CA)
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position
- Experience in a professional services company
- Bilingualism, both oral and written
- Mastering the complete accounting cycle
- Experience in a project accounting environment (an asset)
- Excellent command of the Office suite (especially Word and Excel)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess a great rigour and attention to detail
- Demonstrate good leadership and teamwork skills
- Demonstrate perseverance, tenacity and political savvy
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships within the organization
- Demonstrate dynamism, stature and intellectual curiosity.
- Be professional and credible
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form