TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a private service company located in the West Island is looking for a Finance Director to join its dynamic team of committed professionals serving a diverse clientele. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the financial resources of the corporate group.
CPA, a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar function and in a management position, experience in financial reporting to senior management and bilingual
Are you interested in this position?
THE STRATEGIC ROLE: Director of Finance
Our client, a private service company located on the West Island, is looking for a Finance Director to join his dynamic team of committed professionals serving a diverse clientele. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the company’s financial resources.
More specifically, his main responsibilities will be to :
- Ensure the strategic management of accounting and financial functions
- Acting as an advisor to senior management
- Supervise the finance team (approximately 4 people)
- Implement financial procedures and policies in line with the company’s values
- Present and explain financial statement variances and propose solutions
- Develop KPIs/financial tools to assess company performance
- Presenting and following up on weekly KPI presentations to the Management Committee
- Manage and plan cash flow, both in the short term and in the medium/long term.
- Oversee the preparation and follow-up of annual corporate budgets and all financial reports to be presented to senior management
- Supporting managers in their choices to acquire material resources
- Representing the company before financial institutions and various government agencies
- Plan and supervise inter-company transactions
- Preparing files for accounting and tax audits
- Oversee payroll compliance
- Update billing grids (hourly rates charged / margins)
- Control the process of creating new projects
- Act as a super-user of the ERP system and follow up on updates
- Support required improvements to accounting systems and processes related to operations management
- Ensure lease management and building maintenance
- Perform all other related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar function and in a management position.
- Mastery of the Office suite (advanced Excel)
- Experience in financial reporting to senior management
- Bilingual both orally and in writing
- Exercises mobilizing and positive leadership
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Synthesis, planning, organisation and creativity
- Integrity and Professional Ethics
- Discretion, diplomacy, ability to maintain harmonious interpersonal relations
- High degree of efficiency, autonomy and rigour
- Demonstrate judgment and flexibility
- Excellent time and priority management
- Ability to manage unexpected or complex situations
- Ability to work under pressure
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.