TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a privately held distribution company based in Montreal, is looking for a Director, Finance and Administration to join its management team. A family business with an entrepreneurial and dynamic culture, our client is proud to offer excellent service to its customers for over 50 years and to position itself as a renowned leader in its field.
CPA, CA, minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a similar role, Experience in the field of distribution with high inventory levels, SME.
Contact us for more information!
Are you interested in this position?
THE ROLE: Director, Finance and Administration
Reporting to the President, the Director, Finance and Administration supports the President in the different processes leading to sound financial management of the company and makes strategic, tactical and operational recommendations. He directs all mandates relating to budgets, financial statements, procurement processes, etc. He is also responsible for the sales, cash, infrastructure and risk management, strategic planning, financial planning, and internal control systems and other performance management tools.
In addition, he manages all of the group’s activities related to the company’s human resources, including the plans if they are attractive. The candidate must also demonstrate the qualities of an excellent internal business partner in order to maintain a high quality of service and healthy collaboration to make the link with other functions and to support the operation of the company both in the operational as well as statutory level. He must be able to manage the company with the support of the directors by the absence of the president.
The Director, Finance and Administration shall ensure that all administrative acts and practices are executed diligently and in compliance with the company’s laws, regulations or administrative rules. More specifically, he will be called upon to :
- Support the President in making strategic decisions and in achieving the objectives of optimizing the accounting and financial processes and practices.
- Follow up and make recommendations to the President to ensure financial profitability meeting expectations.
- Actively contribute to process improvement to promote best practices
- Support the directors of the different departments in the sound management of their teams and support them in the monitoring of financial and operational performance. The person will also have to accompany the management in the resolution of various business issues and will therefore be involved in operations.
- Administering all infrastructures related to operations in collaboration with the other managers.
- Manage all activities related to treasury, asset protection, operations, and the management of the company’s assets in accounting and the preparation and analysis of financial statements and performance indicators.
- Implementing all controls, policies, procedures and systems by ensuring rigorous monitoring, as well as enterprise risk management.
- Develop budget forecasts with the participation of other functions and departments of the company, monitor and control the results of operations.
- Coordinate interventions with the external auditors.
- Take charge of the management of supplies, supplier contracts and commercial leases, as well as the application of contractual rules.
- Manage files related to the administration such as insurance, relations with the authorities, governmental and institutional and other projects supporting senior management.
- Negotiate and ensure the resolution of disputes with suppliers, customers and other involved parties.
- Develop decision support tools such as dashboards (KPIs) related to the following items
- The Board of Directors is responsible for the strategic decision-making process and for ensuring optimal follow-up.
- Analyzes and reviews financial and management reports in order to issue recommendations
- Promote rigorous financial reporting, be comfortable working with the details of operations and ensure that adequate controls are followed.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls accounting and reporting activities according to best accounting practices
- Participate in and supervise the production of financial statements, month-end analyses, review of financial statement and other financial information.
- Take charge of the inventory follow-up by ensuring rigorous control of obsolescence reports.
- Put in place controls, management tools and monitoring mechanisms with respect to, among other things, sales and customer service.
- Ensure the identification and monitoring of the company’s financial and operational risks, and make appropriate recommendations
- Ensure customer credit approval and proper control of accounts receivable
- Supervise and supervise a team of 8 professionals, including 3 people in accounting, 4 people in credit and collection and 1 person in human resources.
- Possession of a recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA)
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience in the field of distribution with high inventory levels
- Professional experience in SMEs
- Experience in a high transaction volume environment
- Ease of working with accounting software and technology tools in general
- Experience in personnel management and supervision
- Understanding the complexity of supplier credit requests
- Relevant experience in process improvement
- Expertise in understanding and applying accounting standards
- Dynamic, proactive and a sense of initiative
- Focused on process optimization
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Great rigour and concern for a job well done
- High synthesis and analysis capacity
- Showing depth
- Excellent understanding of the operational side
- High judgment and sense of responsibility
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.