TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR FINANCE
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a private distribution company located in Montreal, is looking for a Finance Director. Working in concert with the General manager, the Director Finance will be responsible for ensuring sound management of the company by optimizing business processes, maximizing profitability, and completing various promising projects.
CPA, a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience including at least 5 years in personnel supervision, SMEs, distribution, multicurrency, bilingual.
Are you interested in this position?
About our client
Our client, a private distribution company located in Montreal, is looking for a Finance Director. Working in concert with the
General manager, the Director Finance will be responsible for ensuring sound management of the company by optimizing business processes, maximizing profitability, and completing various promising projects.
The strategic role: Director, Finance
As part of this key strategic role, the Director Finance will be called upon to:
- Participate in the production of annual financial statements;
- Produce and analyze management reports and dashboards to management and operations managers;
- Supervise the complete accounting cycle, including monthly financial statements, margination, treasury, foreign exchange contracts, payroll including the monthly calculation of commissions, inter-company transactions, compliance with tax rules and sales taxes;
- Optimizing and documenting business processes and internal controls including implementing and documenting control measures;
- Plan, organize and lead the annual budget process with all directors;
- Evaluate, develop and implement the necessary financial tools leading to good decision-making (budgets per business unit, margin report, sales reports, etc.);
- Lead the members of the accounting team, mobilize them, coordinate their work and provide training;
- Maintain good relations with financial institutions;
- Conduct the year-end verification process;
- Accounting for management companies and trusts;
- Maintain and review the insurance file;
- Obtain the grants available to our business sector.
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Have at least ten (10) years of professional experience
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in coaching and personnel management
- Have worked in SMEs, ideally in the field of distribution
- Having worked in an accounting firm (an asset)
- Bilingual (English and French) both orally and in written
- Experience with multi-currency
- Experience in financing (an asset)
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, advanced Excel (Pivot Table).
- Hands-on – supports the team in carrying out required tasks;
- Autonomous and has a good sense of initiative;
- Strong analytical capacity and questioning ways of doing things;
- Solution-oriented, proposal of options and recommendations;
- Attention to detail and demonstrated rigour;
- Developed interpersonal skills;
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in the operation component;
- Ability to deal or collaborate with several internal and external stakeholders of different hierarchical levels;
- Leadership mobilizing and influencing change;
- Good team spirit.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.