TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a thriving professional services company headquartered in Downtown Montreal, is looking for a Director, Finance and Administration to join its dynamic team.
He/she will be called upon to assume all the responsibilities of the accounting, administrative and other projects.
CPA (an asset), 5 to 10 years of experience, mastery of the complete accounting cycle and experience in a project-based accounting environment.
Contact TALINKO – Talent search!
Are you interested in this position?
THE ROLE: Director – Finance and Administration
Our client, a thriving professional services company based in Old Montreal, Quebec, is a leading provider of
professional services to the public,and is looking for a Director – Finance and Administration to join its dynamic team.
Please note that our client is also open to a candidate who would like a 4 day per week schedule. The Director –
Finance and Administration will be called upon to assume all the responsibilities of the accounting function,
administrative and other projects. Specifically, his responsibilities will include:
Management of financial accounting:
- Preparing and presenting the company’s monthly and annual financial statements to the management team.
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly financial dashboards
- Complete the complete accounting cycle for the company, its management company and trust
- Liaise with governments, banks, the accounting firm and other professionals
- Prepare monthly invoicing, track and manage payables and receivables
- Manage and monitor the cycle of client invoicing, work in progress (WIP) and other projects
- Support project teams in their budget monitoring
- Approve the advisors’ expense accounts and budgets
- Collaborate in the preparation and follow-up of quotes and purchase orders, when required
- Perform tax reporting (federal and provincial)
- Manage employee pay and liaise with provincial government authorities (Quebec and Ontario)
- Supervise the work of the accounting clerk and participate in the proper development of her apprenticeship
to enable high efficiency and optimal engagement
- Be the resource person to support the accounting and project tracking systems.
Human resources management:
- Ensuring effective human resources management
- Manage mobile holidays, public holidays, annual vacations for the whole team
- Be the contact person in the group insurance file
- Keep the Employee Handbook, job profiles, employee files and other internal documents up to date.
- Participate in the hiring process of new employees and interns
- Ensure that new employees are welcomed
- Participate in annual strategic planning
- Manage employee and trainee files (reception, contracts, vacations, absences, group insurance, etc.).
- Manage insurance, leases and ensure the smooth running of the offices
- Manage computer and telephone systems
- Negotiate and coordinate the work of technical suppliers, such as computer consultants and others
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Holding an accounting designation (an important asset)
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position
- Experience in a professional services company
- Mastering the complete accounting cycle
- Experience in a project accounting environment
- Pan-Canadian and foreign experience (an asset)
- Experience in a multi-currency environment (an asset)
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel (page layout, programming formulas, pivot tables, etc.).
- Possess excellent initiative and organizational skills
- Demonstrate great rigour and attention to detail; ensure rigorous follow-up.
- Demonstrate a good sense of self-reliance and positive leadership
- Excellent management of priorities and deadlines while demonstrating a capacity for flexibility
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships both within the organization and with
- Demonstrate dynamism, intellectual curiosity and a willingness to improve processes to support the
company in its growth
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.