TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) CORPORATE CONTROLLER
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a leading international manufacturing company, is looking for a Corporate Controller.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who will join a dynamic team to pursue their mission of being among the world-class players in their sector.
CPA, minimum of 5 to 10 years of relevant experience, having worked in a Big 4, MBA (an asset), M&A, strategic planning, KPI.
Are you interested in this position?
Success and constant growth since its foundation.
Our client, a manufacturing company Leading international company is looking for a Corporate Controller to join its team.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who will join a dynamic team to pursue their mission of being among the world-class player in their industry. As a member of the financial management/accounting at a group level, the Corporate Controller is responsible for the management of consolidated financial statements, group-wide financial analysis, mergers and acquisition files and is the custodian of the group’s legal database.
With regard to mergers and acquisitions, the incumbent is responsible for collecting and analyzing data on potential targets, analysis of the competition and creation of personalized presentations on targets for the C-Suite. As the acquisition process advances, the incumbent will actively participate in the company’s internal due diligence process and will liaise with any financial partner involved in the acquisition.
For the legal aspect of the job, the selected candidate will be the custodian of the company’s legal files. The person will participate in the review of the company’s contracts (bank, supplier, customer, etc.) and will ensure that the interests of the company are protected under the contracts.
The person in this role is autonomous, has excellent analytical skills, is comfortable presenting its analysis and recommendations to managers with great attention to detail. The candidate has a positive influence on others and excels in an entrepreneurial environment, in addition to being very responsible.
THE ROLE: Corporate Controller
Reporting to the Vice-President Finance, the Corporate Controller will be responsible for:
- Directing and coordinating strategic financial planning to support the strategic plan and take financial corrective measures as required.
- Manage the monitoring of strategic projects following the strategic planning process.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual consolidated operating and investment budgets.
- Revise the budgets of divisions and consolidations of group budget results.
- Manage the preparation of monthly financial information, reports and controls, and ensure that financial data is collected and taken into account for all the issues that are discussed by the company
- Examine the audited statements of the divisions.
- Maintain the integrity of the company’s reports by ensuring the adequacy and relevance of procedures and controls
- Ensure the timely preparation and filing of consolidated accounting and financial reports for all external requests (auditors, banks, etc.).
- Manage the hedging policy of the group.
- Ensure compliance with transfer pricing rules and ensure that transfer pricing policies are in place while respecting the current organizational structure. Implement transfer pricing strategies that maximize tax planning.
- Ensure sufficient insurance coverage for civil liability and business assets and prepare the information needed to renew policies.
- Communicate information on economic added value and develop tools to the group to calculate and project the VEA. Ensure a consistent calculation of KPIs within the group, prepare the KPIs and take stock of the achievement of the goals.
- Prepare documentation for the advisory board; this includes the review of quarterly and year-end budgets and the business plan by boards of directors.
- Act as the primary contact for group-wide banking relationships.
- Work on mergers and acquisitions in terms of financial analysis, due diligence and corporate integration from a financial and systemic point of view.
- Be their administrator of the Hyperion application for the group.
- A minimum of 5-10 relevant experience
- Have worked in a large accounting firm (Big 4)
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Hold a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) – an asset
- Possess excellent oral and communication skills ‘written, as well as in presentation.
- Be bilingual (French and English).
- Have advanced skills with the Office suite.
- Know an accounting information system, preferably Hyperion Enterprise.
- Be familiar with ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics NAV or SAP.
- Have strong human relations skills to be able to work cross-function in the context of mergers and acquisitions and be able to review/negotiate contracts with internal/external stakeholders.
- Have a good understanding of financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow) and be able to estimate a margin of evaluation for a target, as well as calculate various parameters such as the payback period, the IRR, etc.
- Be able to identify synergies in targets that may not be apparent and provide C-Suite with an overview of how these synergies influence t on the risk linked to the possible acquisition.
- Being able to synthesize large amounts of data and draw exploitable conclusions.
- Have superior organizational and planning skills to facilitate project management.
- Be able to identify risks and mitigation plans.
- Understand the funding processes surrounding M&A activities and have the ability to prepare files for funding.
- Understand the legal review process and be able to identify contract clauses that are unfavourable to society; be able to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders to advance the files until the signing stage.
- Be comfortable during presentations to senior management.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only people selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.