TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) CORPORATE CONTROLLER
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a leading international manufacturing company, is looking for a Corporate Controller.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who will join a dynamic team to pursue its mission to be among the world-class players in its sector.
CPA, CA, minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, manufacturing field, Professional experience in a large accounting firm (Big4) and SME.
North Shore of Montreal
Are you interested in this position?
THE ROLE: Corporate Controller
Our client, a private international start-up company in the field of innovation, located on the North Shore of Montreal, has a Corporate Controller to support the growth of the company. Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller is member of the Finance Department team that supports the tasks related to the production of the group, the implementation of internal control and strategic initiatives. More specifically, his responsibilities will include :
- Manage the accounting consolidation process of subsidiaries, cash, accruals, adjustments, intercompany and elimination entries
- Oversees the implementation of internal controls to support the company in achieving its objectives
- Develop and implement a financial process to optimize the efficiency of the Finance Department and cut costs
- Supervise the team (3 people), assume the role of leader and coach of the financial information team
- Participate in the implementation of new business policies
- Oversee the month-end process
- Supervise the preparation of financial statements, financial analysis and reporting including between other dashboards, financial KPIs, investor information, and so on.
- Ensure responsibility for all general accounting functions including: RAs, PAs, GLs, payroll, and financial systems
- Automate and optimize financial processes to ensure cost savings
- Ensuring quality control of financial transactions and reports
- Coordinate and direct the budget process, financial forecasting and presenting/reporting variances to committees
- Initiate, prepare and provide ad hoc reports/analysis and research to support the decision-making of the different stakeholders of the company
- Manage the annual audit process for the Group and assist the auditors as required
- Acting as a leader in the management of financial information and coordinating training according to the needs
- Participate and manage the preparation of the various obligations with government authorities
- Hold a CPA, CA recognized accounting designation
- Have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Professional experience in a large accounting firm (Big4)
- Professional experience in a SME
- Knowledge of manufacturing (an asset)
- Bilingualism, oral and written.
- Good knowledge of the NCECF standards
- Experience in multi-currency consolidation
- Knowledge of the production cycle and work in progress (WIP)
- Excellent command of Excel (Pivot, Vlookup, etc.)
- Experience with inventory
- Payroll Knowledge
- Demonstrate great rigour and attention to detail
- Be comfortable in a fast-growing and fast-changing environment
- Professional Maturity
- Autonomy, initiative and monitoring of results
- Demonstrate dynamism, intellectual curiosity and a willingness to improve processes to support the company in its growth
- Strong sense of leadership and being a team player
- Possess excellent initiative and organizational skills
- Excellent management of priorities and deadlines while demonstrating a capacity for flexibility
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.