TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client is looking for a Controller who will report directly to the Corporate Vice President Finance. He will be responsible for the entire accounting cycle of the group and its subsidiaries, for preparing the end-of-year consolidated financial statements as well as assisting in the budget process and the analysis of monthly and quarterly financial statements. The candidate will also be called upon to participate in the company’s growth through acquisition strategies.
CPA, CA, minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, having worked in a large accounting firm, bilingual.
Are you interested in this position?
Specifically, he will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the review of financial statements and monthly projections and the production of reports. month-end financial statements for the company and its divisions
- Production of financial information used for presentation to senior management
- Responsible for the coordination of month-end closing activities for the production of the financial statements
- Supervision of the head office and divisional accounting teams
- Financial reporting under current Canadian accounting standards
- Collaboration with the various stakeholders during the annual external audit, both accounting and fiscal
- Participation in the annual budget process
- Participation in the group’s various acquisition projects
- Implementation of management information (MD&A) and other analyses to support senior management decisions
- Implementation of best practices for planning month-end work planning
- Preparation of Government Statutory Reports
- Financial modelling of the Group’s pro forma results
- Coordination and supervision of various accounting operations, such as the recording and reconciliation of intercompany transactions as well as other strategic expenditures related to the operations of the company.
- Any other responsibilities and/or ad hoc projects assigned
- Possess a recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of accounting in companies of different sizes. diversified
- Experience in large accounting firm
- Bilingualism, both oral and written
- Excellent mastery of the complete accounting cycle
- Experience in team supervision
- Good knowledge of various software, such as Excel/Word/PowerPoint and the different systems of accounting management;
- Experience in the professional services sector
- Professional judgment and good ability to quickly grasp business issues
- Great professional rigour and attention to detail
- Competence in planning, executing and monitoring activities to achieve business objectives
- Energetic, enthusiastic and determined team player
- Dedicated and hardworking
- Excellent analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial temperament, strong propensity for action
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.