TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a leader in the field of financing and credit in the Quebec and Ontario markets, is looking for a Controller who will report to the Vice-President of Finance to join his accounting team. He will be called upon to support their strategic growth and process improvement plans.
CPA, 5 to 10 years of relevant experience, full accounting cycle, excellent knowledge of accounting standards and experience in team supervision.
Contact TALINKO – Talent search!
Insurance, Banking & Finance
Are you interested in this position?
Under the supervision of the Vice-President Finance, the incumbent is responsible for planning, directing, controling and coordinating the activities of the company’s accounting department in order to achieve the objectives set by senior management. He must also ensure the quality of financial information produced by his team, the efficient management of human resources. He will work with the VP Finance, the Chief Accountant and the Financial Analyst to achieve common strategic objectives.
- Coordinate the production of the Group’s monthly consolidated and non-consolidated FREs by IFRS ;
- Set up accounting verification and validation processes (check list) in order to ensure the quality and effectiveness of product information;
- Reconcile balance sheet items, analyse fluctuations in monthly income and expenses;
- Manage, supervise and coach the accounting team including: The Payables; Treasury; Management of loans and repossessions;
- Prepare the annual audit file with the external auditors ;
- Manage the chart of accounts for the group and all subsidiaries;
- Assist the VP Finance in the presentation of financial results;
- Acting as a human resources manager and, as such, promoting the right people.
- Recruitment to meet labour needs;
- Carry out performance evaluations for his team;
- Mobilize your team to achieve your objectives;
- Drafting of internal procedures for the various departments;
- 5 to 7 years experience as a controller;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting science and CPA title;
- Advanced Outlook;
- Advanced Word
- Oral and written bilingualism;
- Knowledge of international accounting standards (IFRS) an asset;
- Knowledge of the Great Plains system and Management Reporter an asset
- Work as a team and collaborate with other departments;
- Excellent time management and priority
- Good stress management.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to mobilize a team to achieve its objectives;
- Orientation towards the result;
- Active listening;
- Attention to detail
- Excellent concentration skills to perform several tasks at the same time;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.