TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, an SME with more than 20 years of existence and based on the South Shore of Montreal is looking for a Controller
to join his finance team on a part-time basis (3 days a week).
CPA, BAA, 10 to 15 years in the financial management of an SME, Bilingual, SAP, ERP.
Contact us for more information!
Montreal South Shore
Are you interested in this position?
THE ROLE: Controller
The controller acts as the person responsible for the overall finances of the company. He/she implements and oversees the management processes of financial information from the company’s regional offices. He or she will also be responsible for preparing budgets and analyzing monthly financial results. He or she must be able to support the office managers (four) in the implementation of their own operational budgets and to ensure a transfer of information at the level of monthly results to managers concerned. More specifically, the role involves:
Financial and accounting management
- Production of monthly and annual financial statements
- Controls the company’s cash flow
- Is the main contact for financial institutions, governments and financial auditors.
- Supports the preparation of various financial analyses concerning investment projects or negotiations.
- Coordinates accounting activities, accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.
- Ensures the preparation of management reports and analyses to better target the company’s issues
- Coordinates internal audits
- Coordinates the staff under his/her supervision (accounting clerk)
- Coordinates the R&D Grants Program
- Supports the development of corporate and office operational budgets
- Controls the budget preparation mechanisms
- Analysis of financial results compared to forecasts
- Controls IT project budgets
- Verification that commitments (contracts, etc.) comply with laws and regulations
- Supports the analysis of risk factors and provides recommendations based on its analyses
Training and support
- Supervision of 2 employees (Receivable, Payable and Payroll)
- Adherence to deadlines for the production of monthly financial statements
- Proactive financial management to ensure sufficient liquidity in operations
Financial Results Analysis
- Year-end process with external auditors
- Possession of a recognized accounting designation CPA
- B.A.A. accounting option (ideally)
- 10 to 15 years in the financial management of an SME
- Excellent oral and written skills in French and English (an important asset)
- Complete accounting cycle (consolidation, cash flow, month-end closing, etc.)
- Understanding of invoicing by project
- Experience in system implementation (an important asset)
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ERP (essential)
- Knowledge of SAP (an asset)
- Knowledge of ISO quality standards
- Attention to detail (precision) and methodical
- Mobilising team player
- Analytical mind
- Sense of discretion
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.