TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client offers a wide variety of products and services in the construction industry. Today, we are looking for a Controller to support their strategic plans for growth and process improvement.
CPA, minimum 5 years experience in management accounting, experience in the construction industry is preferred.
Please contact us for more information!
Are you interested in this position?
As a general contractor and manufacturer, the extent of our client’s expertise in the field of construction as well as their state-of-the-art equipment allow them to undertake several types of work in the fields of civil engineering and the land development for real estate projects.
Since 1974, thanks to the professionalism of their team of more than 175 people, they have been developing members and respecting the company’s values, they have succeeded in establishing themselves as reliable and sustainable partners in the construction industry. Approved by the AMF and certified to ISO 9001:2008, they are recognized for the quality of their work, the quality of their products and the unparalleled service offered to their customers.
Today, we are looking for a Controller to support their strategic plans of growth and process improvement. You will join a team that is committed to provide you with the support and tools you need to succeed, allowing you to meet new challenges.
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller shall, without limitation, have the following powers and responsibilities in the accounting function :
- Production of monthly and annual financial statements
- Supervision of a team of 9 people
- Oversight of month-end processes
- Analysis of monthly internal financial statements
- Monitoring of work in progress (by project) and deferred revenue
- Cash Management
- Participation in the preparation of annual budgets and their monthly analyses
- Participation in the improvement of accounting and cost price processes
- Participation in the development of the Key Performance Indicator Tables (KPIs)
- Payroll supervision and expense account monitoring
- Supervision and verification of the accounts payable report
- Supervision and verification of the monthly GST/QST report
- Ensuring that companies comply with applicable laws
- Implementation and monitoring of internal controls
- Implementation and monitoring of the company’s internal procedures and policies
- Accounting and monitoring of company assets
- Preparation of audit files
- Other related duties
- Chartered Professional Accountant Designation – CPA
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- A minimum of 5 years experience in management accounting.
- Experience in the construction sector is desirable
- Knowledge of accounting software ICC manufacturer
- Ability to improve, develop and implement management tools for accounting and project management
- Mastery of the PC environment and Word and Excel software (advanced)
- Written and oral mastery of French and good knowledge of English
- Great autonomy, resourcefulness and sense of organization
- Rigour and professionalism
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to manage change
- Analytical and good synthesizing skills
- Excellent time management
- Excellent management of priorities (work planning and organization)
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.