TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
Our client, Teralys Capital, is looking for a Controller to consolidate its Operations team.
The Teralys Operations team is responsible for the day-to-day management of Teralys fund activities and the accounting function and actively participates in the preparation of financial reports in collaboration with the Investment team.
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in an accounting firm (an important asset)
- Bilingual in English and French (written and spoken)
Insurance, Banking & Finance
Are you interested in this position?
About Teralys Capital
With $2B in assets under management, Teralys Capital is Canada’s largest private venture investor, financing private venture capital funds investing in information technologies, life sciences, and clean or industrial innovations.
Its partner funds cover the entire investment spectrum from early-stage start-ups to expansion, growth, and technology buy-outs.
Teralys has been supported since its inception in 2009 by a growing local and international LP base. They also invest internationally, not only to benefit from favourable returns from established markets abroad but also to support leading technology funds and entrepreneurs in Quebec by extending our international reach and bringing back best practices from around the globe.
Culture, Mission & Values
A team of seasoned professionals
Teralys was founded by Jacques Bernier and Éric Legault, who respectively headed the investment activities of the Fonds de solidarité (FTQ) and the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ). Today, Teralys is led by 6 partners and composed of 12 investment professionals solely dedicated to investing in innovation and technology, with experience spanning the entire VC and PE value chain and 10 additional resources dedicated to its institutional-grade operations team.
We are generating superior returns for our investors by reshaping the Canadian venture capital sector and strengthening our local innovation ecosystem.
Propelling our outstanding technology entrepreneurs to successfully innovate, grow and bring game-changing ideas to the world marketplace.
Fostering the development of a renewed and efficient venture capital sector, more substantial returns for all players and more globally competitive Canadian technology companies.
Teralys is looking for a Controller to consolidate its Operations team. The Teralys Operations team is responsible for the day-to-day management of Teralys fund activities and the accounting function and actively participates in the preparation of financial reports in collaboration with the Investment team.
Their close-knit team shares the goal of ensuring the quality of service and information offered and is looking for someone with strong collaborative skills driven by the pursuit of excellence.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Quarterly reporting process
- Ensure the accuracy of the financial data entered into the database following analysis of the quarterly financial statements of the funds in the portfolio;
- Produce reporting as required.
Day-to-day management of a Teralys fund
- Coordinate the fund’s financial operations and manage cash flow;
- Validate quarterly financial statements, confirm net asset value and distribution to investors;
- Contact person for the annual audit;
- Respond to investor requests for financial information;
- Collaborate with the investment team and respond to their requests for information.
Supervision of operations team analysts
- Train the team and answer their questions;
- Assign priorities;
- Review and follow up on tasks.
Control of portfolio funds operations
- Review and ensure compliance of cash-out requests submitted by portfolio funds;
- Review and ensure compliance with distributions paid by portfolio funds.
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience
- Experience in an accounting firm (an important asset)
- Ability to interact tactfully with Teralys investors and fund managers, professionalism in all communication;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to learn new software;
- Bilingual in English and French (written and spoken) to communicate with investors and fund managers in their preferred language and to process documents received in English.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, with a focus on continuous improvement and a positive, collaborative working spirit;
- Availability to answer questions and provide support to team members and ability to adapt;
- Work ethic and discretion;
- Professional and committed attitude;
- High standards of rigour and attention to detail;
- Sense of initiative and autonomy;
- Organizational and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines.
Why Join Teralys Capital
- Play an active role in the growth and success of funded companies;
- Participate in the venture capital ecosystem supporting ambitious and innovative technological projects;
- Work within a team where innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is valued;
- Hybrid work;
- Competitive salary.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn
Only the people selected for an interview will be contacted. We support the principle of employment equity.
TALINKO is a recruitment firm of middle and senior executives also offering support in recruiting members of the board of directors or advisory committee. We operate in different business sectors.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text without prejudice against the feminine form.