TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Please note that this position is now filled.
A leader in the development and manufacturing of aerodynamic products for road transport vehicles in North America, our Montreal-based client is looking for a Chief Financial Officer to join its dynamic team!
CPA, 15 years of experience preferably in a manufacturing company (with foreign manufacturing), bilingual.
Contact Talinko – Talent Search!
Transportation / Automotive
Are you interested in this position?
Working under the responsibility of the President and within the Management Committee and being very involved in setting and executing the strategy of the group of companies, the Chief Executive Officer of the the Finance Department (CFO) will be primarily responsible for the management of accounting and information technology teams (7 people), fundraising and shareholder relations, risk management, treasury management, and taxation. In order to be successful in this position, the Chief Financial Officer must do well in the following tasks:
- Analyze the company’s financial performance and propose solutions in order to maintain and develop the profitability of projects and investments;
- Participate in the development of the organization’s global strategies by integrating the financial reality;
- Manage all financing and investment projects, develop and
- Maintain excellent business relationships with investors, financial institutions and other stakeholders as well as financial and regulatory authorities;
- Participate in the analysis of acquisition opportunities and advise the company during the due diligence;
- Manage cash flow to ensure that the company meets its obligations
- Establish management and control mechanisms for the management of assets and intellectual property;
- Manage the process of obtaining R&D credits and grants;
- Advise senior management on fiscal and financial strategies and on the use of intellectual property.
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of budgeting systems and accounting, as well as the development of management reports;
- Guide the accounting team in bookkeeping and statement production monthly, quarterly and annual financial
statements in accordance with accounting standards;
- Guides and trains employees and provides active leadership within its department.
- Supervise and supervise information technology, leases and procurement;
- Perform other duties associated with the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) as may be reasonably requested by the CEO or the Board.
- Undergraduate university education in accounting or finance and the evidence of formal qualifications in
accounting or finance, as well as the title of
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- A minimum of 15 years in a position of responsibility within the finance function and accounting, preferably within a manufacturing company (with manufacturing at abroad).
Required skills and knowledge
- Excellent business acumen in a context of SMEs operating internationally;
- Excellent knowledge of international and Canadian taxation;
- Excellent knowledge of transfer pricing (Asia, Europe, USA);
- Extensive expertise in financial accounting;
- Excellent strategic skills combined with a developed practical sense;
- Professional with the ability to play a strategic advisory role;
- Good communication, negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to grasp business and operational issues.
- Entrepreneurial temperament, strong propensity for action;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and very determined team player;
- Highly adaptable;
- Bilingual (French and English).
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.