TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a large manufacturing company, is looking for a Chief Accountant to actively contribute to the success of
the company and work with a team of professionals ready to make their mark and innovate.
CPA, Minimum of 5 years of experience, including 3 in a management position, Experience in a manufacturing environment (an asset), IFRS, ERP.
Contact us for more information!
Are you interested in this position?
THE ROLE: Chief Accountant
The Chief Accountant will manage a team of 8 people working on the financial accounting of business entities and the
company’s head office.
Specifically, the Chief Accountant will be called upon to:
- Ensure service efficiency and set the team’s course by aligning with the objectives of the the company
- Monitor the rigorous application of policies and procedures in accordance with service agreements – the service agreements need to be reviewed and updated
- Establish adequate internal controls for the financial accounting department, in collaboration with the other team leaders
- Participate in updating key procedures and controls for NI 52-109
- Review various analyses produced by the general accounting team on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Review the analyses produced by the team to make them value-added;
- Ensure that all required analyses are produced to a high standard of quality;
- Provide the assistance required by the internal and external audit.
- Ensure the integrity of financial data under its governance.
- Collaborate in the development of new tools
- Review the ways of doing things in order to be a value-added business partner
- Participate in different projects according to the needs of the Finance team
- Ensure optimal management of the work team
- Embrace, facilitate and lead change
- Mobilize resources towards common goals by setting clear expectations and objectives, acting as model (leader) by conveying the company’s values
- Provide outstanding service to internal and external customers
- Provide accounting expertise to internal staff and business units
- Establish individual work and development objectives
- Communicate the orientations and issues of the service and the company on a regular basis
- Ensure ongoing team and individual communication
- Ensuring that its employees are properly trained in all respects
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum of 5 years experience, 3 of which in a management position
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (an asset)
- Strong sense of priorities and excellent ability to support a team in its management of priorities
- Ability to challenge, innovate and take initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team and build good relationships with different functions
- Perseverance, rigour, autonomy and initiative
- Excellent ability to establish good relationships with clients and colleagues
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.