TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a subsidiary of a leading international group in the transport industry, is looking for a Chief Accountant to join its Montreal team.
The Chief Accountant will be called upon to support their strategic plan for growth and process improvement.
CPA, a minimum of 5 years of experience, including 2 years in team management, internal controls and full accounting cycle.
Transportation / Automotive
Are you interested in this position?
Our client is a subsidiary of a large international group and leader in its field of activity. They offer a quality, reliable, safe and sustainable experience to their customers while respecting their values: professionalism, respect, integrity, team spirit and a sense of performance. Present in more than 12 countries around the world, this Quebec company benefits from the experience and know-how of this world leader. In total, close to 900 people work for the organization in Canada.
With institutional partnerships and innovative projects, our client wants to accentuate its role in Canada and wants to stand out as a leader in its industry. For the head office, Canada represents one of the places in the world with the greatest potential for growth. Recent acquisitions (and others to come) to enable them to continue their pan-Canadian growth and development. We were mandated by our client in the search for a Chief Accountant in order to support their plan for the development of their growth and process improvement strategy. You will join a team that is committed to offering you the support and tools you need to succeed and take on new challenges.
THE STRATEGIC ROLE: CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
Reporting to the Comptroller, the Chief Accountant will be responsible for :
- Assist the Financial Controller in all accounting aspects of his duties;
- Takes part in the various stages of the accounting cycle (invoicing, accounts payable, credit, collection, etc.) of the group and its affiliated entities, in order to control all operating modes;
- Manages the entire accounting cycle, including the preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements, and quarterly reports and related analyses;
- Prepares the fiscal year-end and deals with the external auditors;
- Develops, implements, disseminates and audits accounting practices and internal controls;
Contributes to the continuous improvement of management information tools, accounting and administrative
procedures to ensure the accuracy of accounting records and financial information and management ;
- Manages the various files related to annual audits and tax declarations.
- Reconciles databases with respect to sales and inventory management;
- Supervises and coordinates the work of his team;
- Ensures that fuel refunds are maintained.
- Updates accounting checklists ;
- Assists in the development of budgets, financial forecasts and the five-year strategic plan.
- Possession of a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5 years of experience, including 2 years in team management
- Solid experience in accounting and team supervision
- Internal controls and the complete accounting cycle
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics software
- Mastery of the MS Office suite, including an excellent command of Excel
- Proficiency in both official languages, oral and written
- Good team spirit and collaboration
- Rigour and attention to detail
- Strong sense of priorities and excellent ability to support a team in its management of priorities
- Demonstrated ability to implement and/or improve different practices and processes
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.