TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a Web / Media company located in Downtown Montreal, is looking for an Assistant Controller to join its accounting team. Under the supervision of the Financial Controller, the assistant controller is responsible for the production of financial statements, the complete accounting cycle, internal company controls, taxation as well as reports required by management.
CPA, CA, previous work experience in an accounting firm, full accounting cycle, experience in team supervision.
Are you interested in this position?
THE STRATEGIC ROLE: ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
Under the supervision of the Financial Controller, the Assistant Controller is responsible for the production of the financial statements, the complete accounting cycle, the company’s internal controls, taxation and the reports required by the direction. Your tasks will be as follows:
- Management of the process of preparing monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements;
- Responsible for accounting analyses and their presentation to management;
- Responsible for the budget process and financial forecasting by acting as an advisor for the different business units;
- Responsible for the production and presentation of financial analyses supporting the decisions of the direction.
- Coordinates relations with the external auditors and ensures the production of all documents required while making the necessary recommendations for improving procedures.
- Management of cash and other information related to financing (cash flow);
- Helps maintain sound business relationships with banks and other institutional investors.
- Establishment of recommendations to support the growth of the company;
- Evaluation, implementation, management of the update of management information systems and systems accounting officers under his responsibility;
- Responsible for the application of and compliance with accounting policies and procedures;
- Coordinates and supervises the deliverables of clerical and other administrative staff in the department of accounting;
Administration and Management
- Set up the professional development plan for his team and ensure its implementation;
- Manages the staff under his/her supervision in order to maximize the team’s strengths and mobilize employees in achieving departmental and corporate objectives;
- Performs all other related functions within its area of expertise in support of the growth of the company.
- Ensures the creation of a positive work environment and a culture based on mutual respect.
Internal control and procedures
- Participate in the development of strategic business objectives by ensuring accounting control, financial control, and rigorous financial processes, reliable and effective internal controls and financial systems;
- Collaborates in the revision/modification of the company’s performance indicators;
- Ensures the integrity of the information.
- Possession of a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- CA designation or have been in an accounting firm (ideally)
- Experience in managing the complete accounting cycle
- Experience in a growing and entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in team management and supervision
- Cash management experience in an international context (multi-currency)
- Excellent command of Excel and systems skills
- Rigorous, likes to be accurate and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical capability
- Structured, organized, reliable and flexible person
- Be a team player and be recognized for your collaborative spirit.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.