TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) VICE PRESIDENT, FINANCE
Please note that this position is now filled.
We are looking for a Vice President Finance for our client, a small to medium sized real estate company.
CPA title, minimum of 12 years in a position of responsibility within the finance and accounting function, team supervision.
The ideal candidate has excellent knowledge of financing, taxation, risk management and treasury and has worked in the real estate industry before. He is a team player who wishes to participate and contribute to the success of the company.
Contact the TALINKO team!
North Shore of Montreal
Are you interested in this position?
THE STRATEGIC ROLE: Vice-President Finance
Our client is looking for a Vice President Finance (VPF) to support their strategic growth plans and
Working under the responsibility of the President and within the Management Committee and being very involved in the institution and the execution of corporate strategy, the Vice President Finance (VPF) will be primarily responsible for the management of the accounting and information technology team, owner relations, risk management, cash management and taxation. In order to be successful in this position, the Vice President Finance will need to lead the following tasks :
- Analyze the financial performance of companies and propose solutions in order to maintain and develop the
profitability of projects and investments;
- Participate in the development of the organization’s global strategies by integrating financial reality;
- Advise senior management on strategic planning, fiscal and financial strategies and on the development of
the organization’s overall strategies by integrating the financial reality.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements and other management reports to support business
- Preparation of tax returns as well as tax planning for the entire company.
- Manage all financing and investment projects, develop and maintain excellent relationships with investors,
financial institutions and financial and regulatory authorities;
- Participate in acquisition projects and in setting up the infrastructure necessary for the integration of
operations and financial information
- Manage cash flow to ensure that the company meets its financial obligations;
- Supervise all real estate operations related to the various projects.
- Put in place management and control mechanisms for the management of assets;
- Overseeing the development, implementation and maintenance of budgeting and accounting systems, as
well as the development of management reports;
- Guiding the accounting team in the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, in
accordance with accounting standards;
- Oversee the preparation of management reports to support decision making;
- Guide and train employees and provide active leadership within his department;
- Management and development of a team of 9 people Oversee and supervise information technology;
- Participate in administrative tasks related to the smooth running of the company.
- Perform other duties associated with the position of Vice President Finance (VFP) as may be reasonably
required and ask the CEOs of the various divisions.
- Undergraduate university education in accounting and the designation of Chartered Professional Accountant
- A minimum of 12 years in a position of responsibility within the finance and accounting function, preferably
within a private company with a multi-entity organizational structure.
Required skills and knowledge
- Excellent business acumen in an SME context;
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian taxation;
- Strong expertise in financial accounting;
- Experience in the administrative management of a private company;
- Experience in construction or real estate (an asset);
- Experience in project monitoring and project accounting (an asset);
- Experience in the supervision of computer systems;
- Excellent strategic skills combined with a developed practical sense;
- Professional with the ability to play a strategic advisory role;
- Good communication, negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to grasp business and operational issues;
- Entrepreneurial temperament, strong propensity for action;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and very determined team player;
- Highly adaptable;
- Bilingual (French and English);
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.