TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) TREASURY DIRECTOR
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a company based on the South Shore of Montreal and with international operations, is looking for a Treasury Director to join his team.
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 8 years of experience in a treasury role, who has ideally worked in the manufacturing sector and who has professional experience in large companies or complex SMEs in an international multisite context. You will have the chance to join a dynamic company and world leader in its field.
Contact us now!
Are you interested in this position?
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Solmax is the world’s largest geosynthetics manufacturer. Their products contain and drain, shielding the soil, water, and air from toxins and pollutants in applications as critical as the landfills of the world’s most populated cities and mines operating in fragile ecosystems.
With plants in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, their products are sold in over 60 countries, trusted by some of the biggest names in mining, oil and gas, water and waste management, and civil engineering. Their leadership is built on 40+ years of product innovation and excellence. They aim to reshape the industry, leading change by bringing to market innovative products that are more reliable, stronger, resistant to contaminants, and affordable, even in developing countries.
THE STRATEGIC ROLE: Treasury Director
Our client, Solmax, a company based on the South Shore of Montreal with international operations is looking for a Treasury Director to join his team.
The growth of the business requires the implementation of a cash management process allowing best practices for liquidity management, financial risk management and relationships with banks and other designated stakeholders.
More specifically, the main responsibilities will be:
- Set up all cash management processes for the various legal and international entities.
- Take charge of the development and optimization of “cash management” processes with a constant objective of reliability and security
- Consolidate cash positions, monitoring of banking operations, balancing of accounts, investment of surpluses, deployment and supervision of international cash centralizations, payment management
- Ensure the overall management of the company’s portfolio in intercountry conditions
- Ensure reporting: performances realized and forecast cash curves, yield, costs, statistics, risks
- Establish and monitor domestic and international bank guarantees in collaboration with the various internal and external departments concerned
- Negotiate and monitor banking contracts
- Make proposals to reduce costs, cover exchange risks and increase the profitability of cash
- Monitor banking, financial and country risk by providing your recommendations concerning the actions to be taken
- Manage multi-currency transactions
- Manage the factoring and syndication contract
- Organize and support the monitoring of the fiscal, financial and currency aspects
- Take charge of the exchange contract and the assessment of the currency status
- Management of bank guarantee files, letters of credit, foreign exchange transactions and management of financial agreements
- Account administration, monitoring and control of banking conditions
- Ensure the monitoring of deadlines and the internal re-invoicing of guarantees
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.A.A.) in finance
- Have a minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in the manufacturing sector
- Have worked in large companies, or complex SMEs in an international multisite context
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (an asset)
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to requests
- Proactive candidate motivated to build processes
- Team spirit and excellent communication
- Great sense of organization and versatility
- Sense of initiative and autonomy
- Business acumen, ability to identify issues and make recommendations
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment.
TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.