TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) SENIOR DIRECTOR, CORPORATE FINANCE
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a leader in its field and experiencing sustained growth, is looking for a Senior Director, Corporate Finance who will join the accounting team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate communication skills when interacting with many groups within the organization through daily interactions while providing accurate and timely financial information. CPA, CA, 15-20 years of relevant experience and good knowledge of IFRS standards.
Are you interested in this position?
About the Client
Winner of many awards and recognized for the excellence of his services
Our client, a leader in its field and experiencing sustained growth, is looking for a Senior Director Corporate Finance to join his accounting team.
Our client is committed to excellent customer service, employee development, teamwork and an engaging work atmosphere. Our client offers you a dynamic working environment in a constantly changing industry. You will find a friendly environment encouraging you to put your professional skills to the test while allowing you to add new strings to your bow.
The strategic role: Senior Director Corporate Finance
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Director Corporate Finance will have overall responsibility of the Corporate Finance Team which consists of Financial Reporting Team (FP&A) and Corporate Controller team and will work closely with the direction and the Finance team from all of the company divisions. The Senior Director Corporate Finance will manage the global financial statement close cycles and all related matters describe below.
As the newest addition to our team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to combine their solid accounting skills with a big picture understanding of business results and the related KPIs in the IT industry to provide value-added and timely insights to the CFO. This includes analyzing financial results, developing, and improving internal and external reports, and implementing continuous improvements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate their communication skills when interacting with many groups within the organization through day-to-day interactions while delivering accurate and timely financial information. Our teams offer a supportive and collaborative work environment, with opportunities to develop skills and expertise through the wide variety of tasks available.
- Responsible for the monthly/quarterly consolidation of the Regional management reporting received from the international divisions. More specifically, review and prepare with the team the consolidated KPIs, P&L, Balance Sheet, and commentaries on variance analysis of actual performance against budget/forecast.
- Goes beyond received financial data to review and analyze results from business lines with a critical eye for meeting financial reporting requirements and can connect the dots. Willingness to challenge others as needed.
- Responsible for the preparation of various financial reports to CFO, Board of Directors and investor.
- Involved in monthly/quarterly business review with CFO and the regional leadership.
- Propose and implement improvements to the various financial planning and forecasting processes in collaboration with the divisional direction. Build and adapt financial tools, reporting mechanisms, business modelling and financial planning processes that will effectively scale with the company growth.
- Provides accounting guidance to accounting teams to ensure conformity with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and company policies and procedures. Ensures that relevant accounting standards are appropriately and consistently applied. Work closely with the Corporate Controller on accounting issues and ensure complex or non-routine transactions are accounted for under IFRS.
- Drive with the direction of the annual consolidated budget cycle including target setting, budget guideline, financial calendar, and milestones, and producing presentations for the CFO and Board of Directors.
- Review general accounting activities for the business unit and maintains the accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports.
- Act as a liaison with the auditors and manage the Year-end audit and the various year-end closing activities for the consolidated financial statements ensuring that all activities are completed within a tight timeframe.
- Review various projects to identify capitalization of intangibles amounts under International Reporting Standards. Discuss with Budget owners and project leads to get background information; analyze the operating impact of actual capitalization against budgeted/forecasted capitalization; conduct calls with various functions to monitor the process of projects and impact on projected capitalization amounts.
- Support the CFO with treasury – Weekly and monthly cash flow projections to optimize cash flow and Debt management across the company.
- Good knowledge of Transfer Pricing principles and liaise with the global tax to ensure reporting compliance of the various business units within the company.
- 15-20 years of relevant experience
- CPA, CA designation required
- Experience working with international operations (preferably)
- Public practice experience in an auditing firm
- Knowledge of IFRS, accounting and financial analysis principles and practices
- Experience with SAP or other large ERP systems is required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluently bilingual (English and French)
- Proven success in getting buy-in from various stakeholders to influence others and drive results. Has led change to enforce policies and drive process improvement initiatives in financial and management reporting.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with the ability to identify trends, establish benchmarks and provide credible analysis and business recommendations
- Demonstrated strong administrative leadership abilities; highly ethical, creative, strategic, and forward-thinking.
- Committed to getting the job done and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced high-performing environment. Willing to “roll up sleeves” and focus on execution and meeting challenging targets as needed.
- Recognized for his/her good judgement and the capacity to prioritize multiple projects concurrently, meeting tight deadlines and adapting to changing priorities.
- Proven communication and relationship building skills with the ability to present financial and non-financial information in a clear and effective manner
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.