TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) SENIOR ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a multidisciplinary service company, is looking for a Senior Manager, Accounting to join its accounting team in their Laval offices. Reporting to the Director, Accounting and Operations, the Senior Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing, organizing, planning, and coordinating all the company’s accounting operations.
Recognized accounting title (CPA), a minimum of 10 years of experience including a minimum of 3 years in a team supervision role, complete accounting cycle, good knowledge of ASPE standards, bilingual.
North Shore of Montreal
Are you interested in this position?
Reporting to the Director of Accounting and Operations, the Senior Manager in Accounting will be responsible for overseeing, organizing, planning and coordinating the overall of the company’s accounting operations. The incumbent will coach and supervise the work of a team of five individuals and will be primarily responsible for the functions related to general accounting (including consolidation), accounts receivable and collection, treasury related activities, taxation (both sales tax and corporate tax) as well as the accounting for joint venture activities and capital. The candidate will ensure the accounting control, financial monitoring and reliability of the accounting and financial information for the whole company and will contribute to the efficiency and improvement of the processes related to the accounting cycle and the internal controls.
- Supervise and assist his team in the preparation of monthly financial statements, and of certain management reports.
- Ensuring the quality and timeliness of the financial statements, and develop methods and standards to ensure adequate financial control.
- Evaluate, develop, implement and ensure the application of policies, procedures and standards.
- Contribute to the evolution of financial systems and business processes to respond to a changing organization.
- Actively participate in the constant improvement of existing processes and tools.
- Coordinates and supervises a large part of the work related to the preparation of the year-end external audit files for the auditors and to act as a contact person.
- Participate in the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Responsible for the controls surrounding the production of government remittances and the tax returns of the various companies in the group.
- Supervise and supervise the activities related to collection, credit, accounts and day-to-day cash management tasks by improving the visibility of these functions and by acting as a business partner for the various sectors of the company.
- Participate in the development of recommendations for improving and implementing performance indicators to assist management in achieving full effectiveness
- May be called upon to collaborate with cross-functional teams in the context of some special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- Professional designation (CPA)
- 10 to 12 years of relevant experience, including 3-4 years of experience in the management of a team.
- Possess a good experience in accounting systems and integrated management (ERP)
- Knowledge of Dynamics GP would be an asset.
- Experience in implementing a new accounting or ERP system would be a plus.
- Very good knowledge of the accounting cycle and good knowledge of accounting standards (ASPE)
- Mastery of Microsoft suite software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Very good communication skills in English and French.
- Flexible hours, a paid overtime program and the ability to accumulate time in a bank of hours;
- Joint employee-employer participation in a simplified pension plan;
- Group insurance coverage that varies according to needs;
- Leave in case of illness and for family events;
- Opportunity to invest in a company profit-sharing program;
- Adapted computer tools such as remote computer access and a smart mobile phone;
- Vaccination campaigns in the workplace;
- Family-friendly career paths;
- Social and environmental initiatives such as participation in a sustainable practices committee;
- Orientation, mentoring and learning in the workplace;
- Continuing Education Program;
- Career paths.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.