TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) SENIOR ACCOUNTANT AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Please note that this position is now filled.
Great hybrid position for an accountant with a passion for technology! Our client, a growing business located in Montreal, is looking for a Senior Accountant and Information System to join his team.
CPA, 5-10 years of experience, supervision, full accounting cycle, bilingual, relevant experience in system implementation and knowledge of ERP and SQL database management, strong Excel.
Pharmaceutical / Medical
Are you interested in this position?
- Produce the monthly financial statements as well as the financial information
- Ensure accounting compliance and the effectiveness of internal controls
- Oversee the month end process and revise the entries by recording entries in the accounting system
- Review monthly reconciliations of banking accounts and investment accounts
- Analyze the contract database to establish and record accruals
- Analyze invoices received and recorded in the accounting system to determine the monthly reversal of accrued expenses
- Revise the monthly details of some specific accounts
- Review the corporate vouchers reconciliation process and corrects the journal entries, as needed.
- Assist with payroll preparation and processing (as needed)
- Participate in the annual audit process
- Oversee the activities of the accounts payable group by coordinating the work of the team
- Manage and resolve issues encountered by team members regarding operations, transaction processing and customer relationships both internally and externally
- Inform the team of ongoing or upcoming changes and provide all necessary information regarding these changes to facilitate the transition in the execution of tasks
- In the context of implementing new systems, analyze and review the functions and current processes of the group. If necessary, create new processes to meet the future needs of the organization
- Continually monitor the performance of team members about goals to be achieved
- Act as the primary super user of the accounting system, ensure the security of the database and maintain it.
- Actively participate in the implementation of an integrated management software package (ERP)
- Ensure the update of the team’s working tools as well as the accounting system parameters, when necessary
- Manage the access rights of users of the accounting system, according to requests and authorizations allowed
- Work with the IT team to perform maintenance of the accounting system
- Provide formal and informal best practice training to users and team members on accounting software, if applicable
- Ensure the efficiency and appropriateness of workflow and automated financial tools, such as the integration of entries into the general ledger, the uploading of the project budget, the forms for transmitting electronic funds transfers, the sheets provincial-territorial information, synchronization of tables, etc.
- Maintain and update databases according to different projects
- Create and maintain financial statements, forms and other reports
- Propose, design and implement new financial reports, forms and tools (as needed)
- A minimum of five or more years in accounting with the full accounting cycle and the preparation of financial statements by GAAP
- CPA, CA designation
- Experience in management
- Fluent in English & French
- Experience with ERP and SQL database management
- Experience in payroll processing (an asset)
- Excellent command of Excel
- Practical experience of a CRM / ERP global implementation project (an asset)
- Knowledge of Power BI (an asset)
- Knowledge of MS-SSRS (an asset)
- Change agent in a transformation context linked to growth
- Rigour in the execution of his tasks and organization of his work
- Sense of priorities and respect of deadlines
- Attention to detail and great versatility
- Ability to identify issues and provide solutions
- Team spirit and collaboration
- Excellent communicator ability
- Dynamic and mobilizing
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.