TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) REGIONAL CONTROLLER
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a leader in its technology and software field and experiencing sustained growth, is looking for a Regional Controller who will join the accounting team in North America.
CPA, a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, supervision, knowledge of SAP and advanced Excel skills, perfectly bilingual.
Contact our team!
Are you interested in this position?
About the Client
Winner of many awards and recognized for the excellence of his services
Our client, a leader in its field of technology & software and experiencing sustained growth, is looking for a Regional Controller leading the North America Accounting team. The company is driving cross country integration for tools, processes and reporting to support a growing business. We are looking for a Regional Controller who will have a key role in the regional finance team.
Our client is committed to excellent customer service, employee development, teamwork and an engaging work atmosphere.
Our client offers you a dynamic working environment in a constantly changing industry. You will find a friendly environment encouraging you to put your professional skills to the test while allowing you to add new strings to your bow.
The strategic role: Regional Controller
Reporting to the Regional CFO, the Regional Controller directs and oversees the accounting Team for North America Region. The Regional Controller owns the monthly accounting closing process, financial reporting and analysis to support company business decision making processes and acts as the financial liaison to the regional CFO, FP&A and Global Finance.
He or she ensures a timely accounting closing procedure to enable monthly regional consolidated financial statements and analysis to be presented to the management. Besides this, Regional Controller further develops and implements harmonized financial processes and tools according to given action plans and actively develops and grows required skills within the Accounting Team.
- Responsible for financial reporting procedures to ensure accurate and quality information for strategic and operational decisions
- Lead the preparation of periodic financial reports and month over month analysis as well as ad hoc analysis
- Produce monthly financial statements and year-end financial statements for several legal entities with various currencies, including regional consolidation
- Supervise a team of 11 people in Canada and the US
- Plan, organize and review the activities for the accounting team, including customer invoicing, accounts receivables, accounts payables, credit and collections, assets and inventory, commissions and cash management.
- Leading the year-end audit process for the region, ensuring financial statements are in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards and practices; interacts with financial auditors.
- Drive common, harmonized processes and tools usage across the region based on best practice/strategy
- Collaborates and aligns with FP&A and global Finance Organisation to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analysis, reports, and recommendations
- Participate in the elaboration and implementation of policies and procedures and ensure all internal controls and procedures are in place and effective.
- Participate in other special projects as required by the company growth
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- CPA designation required
- Experience working with multiple locations and international operations
- Experience with managing a full-cycle accounting team
- Fluently bilingual (English and French)
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Ability to work with systems (SAP) and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated management skills with the ability to foster performance and employee development
- Decision-making skills
- Initiative and autonomy with a strong sense of responsibility
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Organized and rigorous
- Act as a change agent
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.