TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, an international company recognized as a leader in its field in the Montreal region, is looking for a Controller who will join its dynamic team.
Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role (ideally, within an international SME), knowledge of IFRS standards, complete accounting cycle, bilingual.
Montreal South Shore
Are you interested in this position?
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Our client, an international company recognized as a leader in its field, is looking for a Controller to join its dynamic team.
THE STRATEGIC ROLE: Controller
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Controller main responsibilities will be:
- Prepare financial reports, monthly, quarterly and annual according to IFRS standards;
- Help in the preparation of regulatory reports related to a public company;
- Perform the complete accounting cycle following procedures and controls;
- Prepare or review the entries in the general ledgers and the reconciliations of accounts;
- Perform budget monitoring;
- Perform the analysis of deviations from forecasts;
- Control inventories;
- Check the tax reports of Canada and the United States;
- Actively participate in the annual audit;
- Perform collection follow-ups and identify collection risks;
- Collaborate with the company’s business units by improving management systems and reports to achieve business objectives;
- Reconcile in collaboration with the finance director the R&D and credit projects of SR&ED;
- Monitoring of capitalized projects and radiation risks;
- All other tasks related to or relevant to the activities of this sector, depending on business developments and/or the emergence of new priorities.
- Bachelor in Accounting
- Hold a recognized accounting designation
- Good knowledge of IFRS standards
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar role (ideally, within an international SME)
- Very good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and in particular of Excel
- Experience with an ERP accounting system (Microsoft Dynamics, an asset)
- Oral and written bilingualism
- Strong organizational skills, excellent management of priorities and multiple tasks
- Autonomy, initiative and monitoring of results
- Integrity, rigour, discretion and concern for confidentiality in the processing of files
- Strong sense of leadership and team player
- Ability to work and collaborate in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment.
TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.