TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) HEAD OF MANAGEMENT, ACCOUNTING
Please note that this position is now filled.
We are looking for a Chief of Management Accounting for a company located in the Montreal area.
CPA, 7 to 10 years of experience, cost and cost price, analysis, budget.
Send us your CV without delay!
Pharmaceutical / Medical
Are you interested in this position?
THE STRATEGIC ROLE: HEAD OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Head of Management Accounting is responsible for the preparation and budgetary control, analysis of investment projects and monthly financial reporting. He/she provides cost and cost- effectiveness analyses to improve efficiency and model operations of the organization. He/she ensures the management and optimization of human, financial and material resources under his authority.
The head of management accounting will have to :
- Plans, organizes and prepares the annual budget by proposing timelines and budget targets;
- Prepares financial information for the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors in the context of the adoption of budgets;
- Develops tools to collect and validate budget data from managers and/or management;
- Established all control measures to monitor results and budget during the year;
- Establishes and maintains monthly budget tracking and variance analysis reports, including the monitoring of staff numbers and internal and external costs;
- Ensures the update and evolution of the costing system allowing to model the cost structure (activity-based costing model);
- Designs improvements to existing methods and makes recommendations for improvement processes and the quality of management information;
- Carries out financial analyses of certain projects or new processes;
- Provides support and training to managers;
- Established product and activity-based rates that will be used to finance our client’s activities;
- Produces statistical data for the annual report and reports;
- Develops and uses a dashboard.
- Participates in the preparation of other work or projects of an accounting or financial nature (accounting, audit, treasury, etc.);
- Ensures a high level of data and system integrity.
- Possession of a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (accounting science, administration or other)
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Costing and pricing experience
- Experience and interest in the conceptualization of costing models
- Knowledge of the SAP software package
- Excellent command of Excel
- Knowledge of integrated management systems
- Excellent command of French, both spoken and written, as well as a functional level of English
- Ability to manage complex projects in collaboration with various stakeholders
- Ability to popularize financial information
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as a team player, analytical and synthesizing skills
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.