TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a growing international manufacturing company, is looking for a Financial Controller. The position will be based in the Gatineau region. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Controller directs and supervises the accounting operations of the company’s business units for operations in Canada, the United States and internationally.
CPA, minimum of 7 years of relevant experience including team supervision, experience in public, multi-site and multi-currency companies, good knowledge of IFRS standards, bilingual.
Ottawa / Gatineau
Are you interested in this position?
THE ROLE: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Controller directs and oversees the accounting operations for the company’s business units for Canada, the US and international operations. The Financial Controller provides financial information and analysis to management, participates in financial systems implementation, implements effective action plans to actively manage the company’s resources, ensuring continuous improvement and success of the organization.
- Provide periodic financial reports including budgets and forecasts to support management decisions;
- Plan, organize and review the activities of the accounting team, including accounts receivables, accounts payables, credit and collections, inventory, commissions and cash management;
- Participate in the year-end audit process, ensuring financial statements are in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards and practices;
- Participate in the elaboration and implementation of policies and procedures and ensure all internal controls and procedures are in place and effective;
- Participate in the integrations of new acquisitions and the creation of new international divisions;
- Assist in the elaboration of company objectives and KPIs;
- Participate in the implementation of a new ERP system;
- Supervise a team of 5 people;
- Participate in other projects as required.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience;
- CPA designation required;
- Experience working with multiple sites, multiple divisions and multicurrencies;
- Experience working in a public company;
- Fluently bilingual (English and French – Intermediate French is required);
- Knowledge of IFRS;
- Experience in a managerial position.
- Organized and detail oriented;
- Ability to work with systems and advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Initiative with a strong sense of responsibility;
- Strong communication and writing skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities;
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Microsoft AX is an asset.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.