TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Please note that this position is now filled.
We are looking for a Financial Controller for a manufacturing company based in the Quebec region. We are looking for an experienced candidate who will join the team in the finance/accounting department to contribute to the success of the company.
CPA, a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, experience in manufacturing and in a multi-site / multi- currency company, bilingual.
Are you interested in this position?
We are looking for an experienced candidate to join the finance/accounting department team to contribute to the company’s reputation. The Financial Controller will be responsible for coordinating and supervising the monthly closing process of the accounts and the preparation of monthly and annual internal financial statements for the various subsidiaries, the analysis of results and budget
variances on a monthly basis, while preparing data to monitor the performance indicators for all the Group’s subsidiaries and business units and an active participation in the improvement of the Group’s ongoing management processes and financial information systems. Given the Group’s growth plan, the incumbent of the position will be called upon to take on increasing responsibilities in the organization.
THE STRATEGIC ROLE: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Under the authority of the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the Group, the Financial Controller will be responsible for :
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements for each of the Group’s entities and business units ;
- Preparing the Group’s monthly consolidated financial statements, taking care to translate currencies and eliminate inter-company transactions;
- Ensure coordination and supervision of the month-end closure process ;
- Closely supervise the processing of accounting transactions (invoicing, collection, disbursements),
- Canadian and U.S. payroll, etc.) and make appropriate recommendations for adjustments and improvements;
- Calculate and record the appropriate accounting and tax provisions ;
- Coordinate and review the production of various Canadian and U.S. tax reports;
- Prepare the year-end audit file and actively collaborate with the external auditors ;
- Participate actively in the preparation of the annual budget and other periodic financial forecasts and explain their implications.
- The Board of Directors is also responsible for monitoring any deviations from the results obtained and following up with the managers of the various Group entities;
- Analyze financial results and variances in order to understand the overall financial performance of the company and to its business units;
- Ensure the preparation of the data required to monitor the performance indicators (KPIs) of the group.
- Participate in the costing of products, the review of standard rates used, and the analysis of differences;
- Maintain internal controls in place and actively participate in the development of policies and procedures
- Facilitating the management of operations, in particular by ensuring the documentation of the processes in place ("mapping") and making appropriate recommendations for improvement ;
- Participate in the analysis of existing financial systems, the continuous development and optimization of the tools of management, financial reporting and other data collection systems needed to drive the indicators of performances ;
- Maintain the data in the accounting system up to date, ensure its appropriate use by all, manage access, user support and ensure that the confidentiality of data is protected at all times;
- Direct supervision of a team of 4 people;
Participate in various continuous improvement projects within the department;
- Perform any other related tasks assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Possession of a recognized accounting designation (CPA) ;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting ;
- A minimum of 5 years experience in similar positions.
- Excellent command of Excel (advanced functions) ;
Mastery of the tools of the Office suite ;
- Good knowledge of financial computer systems (MRP/ERP) ;
- Experience in manufacturing/operational field ;
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring performance indicators (KPIs) ;
- Experience in a multi-company and multi-currency environment;
- Analytical, planning, organizational and problem-solving skills ;
- Bilingualism (English and French) both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team ;
- Ability to manage several files simultaneously ;
- Autonomy and versatility ;
- Great sense of organization and ability to be rigorous at work (attention to detail) ;
- Sense of discretion.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.