TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Please note that this position is now filled.
Great opportunity on the South Shore of Montreal!
Our client, a thriving manufacturing company is looking for a financial controller to join its team.
CPA, 10-15 years of experience. You are autonomous, professional, with a good sense of initiative and team spirit?
We want to know more about you! Contact our team.
Montreal South Shore
Are you interested in this position?
Our client, a South Shore-based manufacturing company, a Canadian leader in growth, is looking for a financial controller. We are looking for an experienced candidate to join the finance/accounting department team in order to contribute to the company’s influence. The financial controller will be responsible for the production of all monthly financial documents, quarterly and annual reports such as the consolidated financial statements, notes to the financial statements and MD&A. His responsibilities also include conducting various analyses of the results and the development of financial forecasts in a multi-site context.
THE STRATEGIC ROLE: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
The position of Financial Controller will lead the Financial Controller to :
- Oversee the preparation of monthly and annual consolidated financial statements;
- Coordinate and ensure the proper preparation of the annual budget;
- Oversee and improve operational performance reporting for all sites and identify variances;
- Follow up and make the necessary improvements to the dashboard, including the performance indicators.
- Maintain and improve internal controls;
- Establish an internal audit plan;
- Ensure adequate property and liability insurance coverage;
- Lead the accounting teams;
- Participate in operating committee meetings;
- Prepare the necessary documentation for the annual audit;
- Resource person for tax returns and tax audit;
- Ensure cash management as well as relations with financial institutions;
- Coordinate financing for investment project applications;
- Support the administrative process, propose improvements to the use of the MRP/ERP system;
- Carry out inventory analysis and follow-up;
- Carry out ad hoc analyses.
- Possession of a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 10 years of experience including 3 years in a similar position
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring performance indicators (KPIs)
- Analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in the manufacturing/operational field
- Mastery of the MS Office suite
- Excellent command of Excel (advanced functions)
- Good knowledge of financial computer systems (MRP/ERP)
- Bilingualism (English and French) both written and spoken
- Autonomy, professional judgment, initiative, team spirit and attention to detail
- Communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and perform precision work within the required timeframe
- Ability to concentrate
- Sense of discretion
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.