TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a world leader in the technology field for over 30 years located in Montreal, is looking for a Director of accounting and financial information to join its team of professionals while contributing to the success of the company.
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in team management
- Knowledge of IFRS standards.
- Experience in a multi-company and multi-currency environment, with consolidation and inter-company transactions
- Experience in managing shared services and head office transformation programs.
Are you interested in this position?
About our client
Our client, a world leader in the field of technologies for over 30 years located in Montreal, is looking for a Director of accounting and financial information who will join their team of professionals while contributing to the success of the company.
This award-winning, global success story offers a vast array of advanced products and solutions to meet the various needs of its clients worldwide.
You will have the chance to join this successful company that values strong team dynamics, job satisfaction and a supportive and stimulating work environment where your creativity and personal initiative will be welcome assets.
The Director of accounting and financial information is responsible for managing the company’s day-to-day accounting operations, and the preparation of consolidated financial statements, while ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting. The Director of accounting and financial information also provides management with the information critical to the decision-making process and is responsible for maintaining the company’s accounting systems.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information and accounting records for all companies.
- Responsible for the month-end and year-end close process and the preparation of consolidated financial statements under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Responsible for monitoring operating (OPEX) and capital expenditures (CAPEX).
- Manage all financial activities, including payroll, billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, expense reports, inventory accounting, cost accounting and revenue recognition.
- Responsible for a timely closing of company records and the preparation of monthly financial statements in line with Head Office deadlines, as well as external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met.
- Implement, manage, maintain and monitor internal controls for financial policies, processes and procedures, including those required by Head Office.
- Provides advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and financial reporting.
- Ensures rapid and consistent collection of receivables by monitoring and managing the accounts receivable.
- Responsible for regulatory reporting and compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Coordinating the audit processes and preparation of individual company audit files and financial statements, as well as consolidated audited financials. Responding to and coordinating all audit requests from audit staff in Canada, Ireland, South Africa and Thailand.
- Lead and develop a team of four employees. Sets the priorities within the team.
- Lead the preparation of R&D reports for audit and tax purposes.
- Responsible for all other customer and government audits, including but not limited to; GST/QST audits and responses to queries outside of audits, Revenue Canada/Revenu Quebec corporate income tax audits, Revenue Canada/Revenu Quebec R&D audits, Ireland and South Africa VAT audits, etc.
- Responsible for all other financial reporting to various companies and agencies (Stats Can, etc.)
- Responsible for the generation of reports for budget variance analysis used by budget manager and Business Support Manager as well as Executive.
- Supporting new systems or project selection and implementation from a strategic finance perspective.
- With input from the CFO, responsible for the formulation of accounting policies, procedures and controls for proper IFRS reporting and adhere to Head Office policies and procedures (Head Office Manual).
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Professional accounting designation – CPA.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing a team of accountants.
- Previous experience in a high-tech public company (an asset).
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience in a multi-company, multi-currency environment, with consolidation and intercompany transactions.
- Experience in overseeing audits performed by external firms.
- Experience in dealing with Shared Services and Head Office transformation programs.
- Experience with Great Plains and One-Stream financial systems (an asset)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) in English and French.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced international environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, problem-solving, and organizational skills are essential.
- Able to interact positively with employees at all levels in the organization.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.
TALINKO is a middle and senior management recruiting firm that also offers support in recruiting members of boards of directors or advisory committees. We work in various sectors of activity.
Please note that the masculine gender is used to lighten the text, without prejudice against the feminine form.