TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR, FINANCE
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a young dynamic company experiencing rapid growth thanks to numerous acquisitions and strategic alliances, working in the service sector, located in Montreal, is looking for a Finance Director.
CPA, 5 years to 10 years in a similar position, complete accounting cycle, fast-growing multi-site environment and taxation.
Contact the TALINKO team – Talent search!
East of the island
Are you interested in this position?
THE ROLE: Director of Finance
Our client, a young dynamic company experiencing rapid growth through numerous acquisitions and strategic alliances, working in the service sector, located in Montreal, is looking for a Director of Finance.
Reporting directly to the President – Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Finance will be responsible for the implementation, continuous improvement and the proper functioning of the company’s accounting activities.
His responsibilities include:
- Plan, direct and coordinate all operational functions relating to accounting
- Support management by providing essential information enabling informed and optimal decision-making
- Evaluate current accounting activities while offering recommendations to ensure continuous improvement and the implementation of new processes
- Actively participate in the management committee as well as in various special projects
- Participate in the analysis of acquisition opportunities and advise the company during the due diligence while participating in the financial analysis of the profitability of acquisition targets
- Manage the accumulation and reconciliation of all financial data necessary to accurately account for consolidated business results
- Ensure the production of financial statements on a monthly, periodic and annual basis
- Analyze balance sheet accounts, income statements and variances
- Prepare the end of the month
- Coordinate the activities of the external auditors
- Manage the budget process
- Perform bank reconciliation and liquidity monitoring
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and the related database, make recommendations
- Evaluate accounting and internal control systems
- Develop and monitor corporate performance measures
- Analyze performance reports from EDMS and collaborate to improve accuracy and performance
- Oversee regulatory obligations, which often include tax planning and compliance
- Produce the financial projections necessary for funding requests
- Manage cash to ensure that the company fulfills its financial obligations
- Design performance measurement and analysis tools to improve the company’s profitability
- Collaborate in the creation, monitoring and implementation of a dashboard including the main key performance indicators and participate in the identification of improvement and optimization measures
- Establish management and control mechanisms for the management of assets and rental properties
- Hire, train and retain accounting staff
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Have 5 to 10 years experience in a similar position
- Experience in a management or service company
- Bilingualism both oral and written
- Control of the complete accounting cycle
- Experience in a fast-growing multi-site environment
- Knowledge of the legal environment and Quebec tax standards
- Excellent command of the Office suite
- Oral and written bilingualism
- Good strategic skills combined with a developed practical sense
- Excellent business acumen
- Good communication, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent analytical skills, thoroughness and precision
- Entrepreneurial temperament and a strong propensity for action
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Results-oriented attitude and operational excellence
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and sense of initiative
- Energetic team player
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only the people selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support the principle of employment equity. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our customers and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.