TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, l’Association d’entraide le Chaînon, is looking for a Directeur of Human Resources who will have the chance to contribute to the mission of an association that makes a difference in the lives of some of the most marginalized women in our community within a dedicated, motivated and committed team.
Reporting directly to the PDG of the association, the Human Resources Director plays an advisory role within the association. His main mandates will relate in particular to the management of labour relations, staffing, the management of replacement activities as well as the management of payroll and employee benefits.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in similar functions
- Minimum of 3 years in a role of Human Resources Department
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in human resources or any other training deemed relevant
- Experience in the community or NPO field (an important asset)
- Very good knowledge of the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion and of the laws applicable to human resources management
- Excellent knowledge of labour laws and the CNESST
Are you interested in this position?
About our Client
Founded in 1932, Le Chainon is the main shelter for women in difficult situations. Le Chainon’s mission is to welcome, unconditionally and without judgment, women in difficult situations.
We offer them safe housing as well as assistance and support tailored to their needs. At Le Chainon, they take specific actions, with the help of experienced counselors, that promotes their return to self-determination and personal and social strengths.
Women benefit from professional support in an environment that encourages the most egalitarian relationships possible.
Le Chainon also wants to make a collective and social stand in order to denounce the inequalities, the living conditions and the different forms of violence experienced by women. Our goal is to promote the defence of women’s rights – with women.
Why Join The Chaînon
- See the difference you can make in the lives of some of the most marginalized women in our community
- Be an important role within a team of dedicated professionals
The Chaînon in Numbers
Culture and Values
At Le Chainon, we welcome a person and not a problem. Our culture is expressed in the way we act, operate, and work together. The person in need of our services is at the heart of decisions, at the center of practices adopted throughout the organization.
Five values to guide our priorities and our actions
To be considerate of the needs, rights, choices, value and actions of individuals and groups.
Unconditional acceptance of the personeil inconditionnel de la personne
To demonstrate an attitude of openness and real interest for the person despite displayed attitudes and difficulties experienced.
To call for equitable living conditions for every member of society.
Recognizing and valuing the potential of women
To affirm and give a significant place to the right of women to act on the social, economic and political conditions they experience.
To develop reciprocal and supportive relationships based on a common goal.
Reporting directly to the PDG of l’Association d’entraide le Chaînon, the Directeur of Human Resources plays an advisory role within the association.
Their main responsibilities will be the management of labor relations, staffing, the management of replacement activities as well as the management of payroll and employee benefits. The incumbent of the position will have to promote collaboration between teams and contribute to the creation of a healthy, motivating, and stimulating work climate. He will have to pay close attention to each employee and have a great listening capacity and an empathetic attitude.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Participate in the creation and development of strategic directions, objectives, and priorities for action.
- Assume an advisory and supportive role to the Directors of other services of Le Chainon, in terms of complex work relationships and the various human resource needs such as :
- Assister, former et appuyer les différentes directions dans l’embauche, l’évaluation et la rétention de leur ressources humaines. Assist, train and support other departments in the hiring, evaluation, and retention of their human resources.
- Monitor best practices in human resources to improve and enhance practices.
- Provide solutions to the problems encountered in collaboration with the various stakeholders, in a process of continuous improvement.
- Be an agent of change to enable the evolution and transformation desired by upper management.
- Ensure a cohesive application of rules and work ethics within the Association.
- Maintain links regularly with all departments using an approach that promotes teamwork and accountability of Directors.
- Support the various managers in performance evaluation and development activities.
- Proactively anticipate the human resources needs.
Strategic Projects and Improvement of Practices
- Position the salary policy of Le Chainon in relation to the market, in collaboration with the CEO.
- Analyze and update the current salary policy while ensuring internal and external equity.
- Develop the standardization of a welcoming protocol for new employees
- Identify the sources of funding available and/or accessible for the development of skills of employees of Le Chainon.
- Analyze and update the employee manual.
- Develop and manage recognition programs.
- Evaluate, adapt or develop the following HR tools:
- Hiring form
- Human resources evaluation form
- Skills development form
- Presence and absence form
The Director of Human Resources will have to take up many organizational challenges and put in place the best human resources management practices in order to:
- Contribute to the creation of a healthy, motivating and stimulating work climate/well-being at work action plan
- Find innovative ideas to retain staff and new talents
- Act as an internal mediator regarding the prevention and resolution of potential complex situations
- Promote occupational health
- Ensure the strategic recruitment of the workforce (recruitment, selection, reception) and support for new employees.
- Review the remuneration and salary scales to aim for equity between the different sectors
- Manage social benefits (leaves, vacations, statutory holidays, group insurance)
- Review the employee manual and manage recognition programs
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in human resources, industrial relations, organizational psychology or any other training deemed relevant
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in similar functions including at least 3 years in a role of Human Resources Department
- Experience in the community or NGO field (an important asset)
- Very good knowledge of the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion in employment, of a living environment free from all forms of harassment, and of the laws applicable to human resources management
- Excellent knowledge of labor laws and the CNESST
- Ability to work with staff of different hierarchical levels
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written French
- Interest in community circles or NGOs, mutual aid and solidarity
- Concerned about the quality of life at work
- Have a participatory, transparent and rigorous management method
- Innovative creativity
- Good analytical skills
- Demonstrate creativity and versatility
- Have an inspiring practice, bring new strategies to ensure staff retention.
- Very good knowledge of innovative management
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment.
TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential. We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.