TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a private multi-site pharmaceutical company, is looking for a Finance Director to join its team of finance / accounting professionals. Reporting to the CFO, the Finance Director contributes to the overall success of the company by effectively managing all the financial tasks of the organization.
Recognized accounting designation (CPA), minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, good knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), supervision, R&D, excellent competence with Excel, bilingual.
Pharmaceutical / Medical
Are you interested in this position?
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Finance contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks for the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Finance performs a wide range of duties including:
Financial accounting and reporting
• Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
• Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including, Withholding Payments (CPP, EI), Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax, Employer Health Tax
• Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the external auditors as necessary
• Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
• Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
• Prepare R&D Tax Credits
• Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting
• Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
• Oversee the accounting function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
• Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
• Assist the CFO with financial reporting as required at Board meeting
• Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in
consultation with CFO
• Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized
• Advise the organization’s leadership on appropriate insurance coverage for the organization and the Board of Directors
• Maximize income where possible and appropriate
• Supervise directly the Controller and indirectly the accountants.
Education and Experience
• University degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration
• 5-10 years of progressive financial responsibility
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Solid working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Working knowledge of R&D Tax Credits and accounting software (ideally Great Plains)
• Solid knowledge of the accounting principles;
• Solid knowledge of Excel;
• Bilingualism (French and English) in the workplace.
• Knowledge of the scientific or R&D sector is an asset
The Director of Finance should demonstrate competence in the following:
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
• Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
• Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.