TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Please note that this position is now filled.
We are looking for a Director, Finance for our client, a company located in Montreal. Working closely with the Vice President of Finance, he will be responsible for accounting operations, including financial reporting, process improvement, compliance, and internal controls.
CPA, minimum of 10 to 15 years of relevant experience, supervision, bilingualism, experience in an international public company, in-depth knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS, GAAP, etc.)
Contact TALINKO – Talent search!
Aerospace / Aeronautics
Are you interested in this position?
THE ROLE: DIRECTOR, FINANCE – CONFIDENTIAL
Our client, a dynamic company, located in Montreal, is looking for a Director, Finance to join his team. In addition to its close collaboration with the Vice-President Finance, he will be responsible for accounting operations including financial reporting, process improvement, compliance and internal controls. He will act as a key player contributing to the success of his team and the company.
Furthermore, his responsibilities include:
- Manage the operational accounting and related activities, such as consolidated financial reporting, the accounting policies, and compliance, etc.
- Manage the process of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, ensuring their accuracy
- Provide support to executive management through the required financial reports
- Support the overview of the financial reporting of all business units and the management of transactions while ensuring proper accounting treatment
- Act as an expert according to both internal and external reporting changes and business requirements to ensure that processes, organization, and financial systems are up to date
- Ensure that company policy, procedures and accounting controls are always adequately applied
- Act as a leader in the company’s efforts to implement the best practices while ensuring that appropriate controls continue to be institutionalized throughout the different units
- Ensure continuous improvement of existing accounting processes and systems, support ongoing efforts to streamline accounting within the business unit
- Oversee the application and comply with all relevant principles and standards, including IFRS, reporting requirements, statutory accounting rules applicable
- Encourage, stimulate and direct efforts to educate the team appropriately regarding accounting policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the M&A team and support due diligence and integration efforts related to the accounting function
- Lead interactions with external auditors when required
- Act as a key player in the implementation of all business unit initiatives
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years of work experience and a relevant experience in a similar role demanding team supervision
- CPA, CA designation
- Experience working for an international multi-site public company
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and applications (IFRS, GAAP)
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Knowledge of ERP computer systems (an asset)
- High proficiency regarding the Microsoft Office suite and Excel
- Superior organizational skills, flexibility, and strategic thinking
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate operational aspect into the financial reporting and strategy
- Excellent communication skills, goal oriented with a high level of commitment, integrity, and ethical standards
- Team player and collaborative leader working toward the company success within an open environment
- Ability to work across every level of an organization through outstanding leadership skill and to relate effectively with executives and operational teams;
- Global perspective and the ability to adapt quickly to different cultures;
- Great political sense with the ability to assess situations and quickly identify how to proceed through both formal and informal channels to ensure objectives are met
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.