TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, Axium Infrastructure, is looking for a Director of Accounting to join its team of professionals in Montreal.
Under the responsibility of the Vice President, Investment Accounting, this is a great opportunity to have stimulating challenges that match your potential in a dynamic environment.
- Hold a CPA designation
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of various accounting standards (IFRS, ASPE, USGAAP)
Contact us for more information!
Insurance, Banking & Finance
Are you interested in this position?
About Axium Infrastructure
Founded in 2009, Axium Infrastructure is an independent employee-owned fund manager dedicated to investing in the infrastructure sector.
With over 95 employees, the firm benefits from the extensive infrastructure backgrounds of its team of professionals who have gained, over their careers, significant experience acquiring, developing, financing, operating, and managing infrastructure assets.
Axium’s investment strategy focuses on core infrastructure assets with an active approach to operations and asset management and integration of strong environmental, social, and governance (‘ESG’) principles.
Over the years, the firm has built a diversified portfolio of over 250 assets and today has over C$10 billion of assets under management.
Culture, mission et valeurs
Axium Infrastructure offers a dynamic, respectful, and collaborative work environment in its three offices located in the core of the financial districts of Montreal, Toronto, New York, and London. The firm also strongly believes in upholding ESG principles and is focused on providing employees with a sustainability-oriented workplace.
Under the responsibility of the Vice President, Investment Accounting, the Director of Accounting will join Montreal’s team of professionals.
The company is well-established and has experienced steady growth over the past few years. The experienced management team provides employees with strong mentorship, as well as challenging opportunities to reach their full potential.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Director of Accounting will be called upon to perform the following tasks, among others, for several investments in their portfolio:
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements for multiple investment holding and operating entities
- Assist in the development of annual budgets and monitor monthly/quarterly budgets
- Calculate relevant financial ratios and prepare documentation required by portfolio lenders
- Calculate and prepare investment distributions
- Develop working papers for preparing tax returns and review returns
- Manage the cash flow of investments
- Prepare files for the annual audit of portfolio investments
- Provide financial reporting oversight for third-party managed investments, where needed
- Compile monthly EBITDA information for operating assets
- Meticulously review and manage the projects assigned and ensure that the contract compliance and requirements are met
- Work closely with Investment and Asset Management teams and provide support when needed
- Hold a CPA designation
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience in Accounting
- Good knowledge of various accounting standards (IFRS, ASPE, US GAAP)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Good knowledge of Sage 300c, an asset
- Bilingualism in oral and written (French and English)
- Analytical mind, autonomy, and an excellent sense of organization
- Good ability to work on multiple files at the same time when deadlines are tight
- Excellent ability to adapt
- Enjoy working in a team in a collaborative environment
- Comfortable in a growing entity
Why Join Axium Infrastructure
A complete range of benefits is offered to permanent employees:
- Pension fund
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work (2 days per week)
- Home office allowance ($250 per year)
- Transportation allowance
- Fitness program
- And much more!
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn
Only the people selected for an interview will be contacted. We support the principle of employment equity.
TALINKO is a recruitment firm of middle and senior executives also offering support in the recruitment of members of the board of directors or advisory committee. We operate in different business sectors.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice against the feminine form.