TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL INFORMATION AND DISCLOSURE
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a recognized and innovative company working in the field of consulting services located in downtown Montreal, is looking for a Director, Financial information and Disclosure to join its team of creative and committed professionals.
CPA, CA, 5 to 7 years of relevant experience, bilingual, experience in the field of financial services (an asset), MD&A, acquisition mode (integration), complex accounting, financial presentations.
Contact TALINKO – Talent Search!
Insurance, Banking & Finance
Are you interested in this position?
THE STRATEGIC ROLE: Director, Financial Information and Disclosure
Our client, a recognized and innovative company working in the field of consulting services located in downtown Montreal is looking for a Director, Information and Financial Disclosure to join its team of creative and committed professionals
In a business context experiencing sustained internal growth, notably thanks to the excellence of their customer services, and reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Director, Financial Information and Disclosure will be in charge of the tasks relating to the company’s financial accounting as well than the disclosure of the latter’s financial information.
More specifically, its main responsibilities will be to:
Financial accounting component:
- Prepare and analyze the monthly internal consolidated financial statements;
- Analyze the accounting implications of complex transactions;
- Coordinate the preparation of consolidated annual budgets;
- Calculate ratios and monitor cash flow;
- Write, review and monitor accounting policies and internal control procedures;
- Monitor and manage taxes on insurance products, consumption taxes and tax returns;
- Monitor and manage national financing agreements on insurance premiums;
- Act as an advisor to management and managers in connection with their expertise.
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual corporate consolidated financial information;
- Follow up on analysis needs in terms of financial information to meet the requirements of management and partners of the company;
- Participate and coordinate the work and presentations intended for the audit committee;
- Prepare presentations and communications from the Chief Financial Officer to the Board of Directors and the Annual General Meeting;
- Prepare an annual report.
- Bachelor in Accounting or Finance
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Have a minimum of 4 to 6 years of relevant experience
- Mastery of the Office suite
- Experience in presenting financial information to various committees
- Perfectly bilingual both oral and written
- Experience in business integration or acquisition
- Experience in SMEs and in an entrepreneurial context
- Experience in an international multi-site company (asset)
- Financial services experience
- Flexibility, ability to adapt quickly to demands
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and autonomy
- Business acumen, ability to identify issues and make recommendations Good knowledge of accounting standards Excellent ability to improve processes
- Ability to treat financial information
- Anaytical and synthetical mind
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only the people selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support the principle of employment equity.
TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our customers and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.