TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR CORPORATE FINANCE
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a world-leading manufacturer and distributor located in Montreal, is looking for a Manager, Corporate Finance to join its dynamic team. He will be responsible for the financial analysis and modeling of the company’s merger and acquisition possibilities, as well as the preservation of the company’s legal documents.
MBA, CPA or CFA title, an asset. Minimum 5 years of work experience in audit, management consulting, M&A, business valuation or business / data analysis.
Pharmaceutical / Medical
Are you interested in this position?
Success and constant growth since its foundation, our client, a world-leading manufacturing and distribution company located in Montreal, is looking for a Manager, Corporate Finance to join its dynamic team.
THE ROLE: Manager, Corporate Finance
The Manager, Corporate Finance, is responsible for the financial analysis and modeling of merger and acquisition opportunities of the company, as well as the retention of the company’s legal documents. With regard to mergers and acquisitions, the candidate is in charge of collecting and analyzing data relating to the potential targets, analyze the competitive landscape, and then present management with a customized presentation of targets. As the acquisition process progresses, this person will be heavily involved in the due diligence process. The Board of Directors will be responsible for the internal management of the Company and will also liaise with all financial partners related to the acquisition. For the legal part of the work, the person will be the custodian of the legal records of the Company. This person will assist in reviewing most / all of the company’s contracts (bank, supplier, customer, etc.) and will ensure that the company’s interests are protected by these contracts. Specifically, the candidate will be asked to:
- Acting as the primary resource for all M&A activities
- Analyze data to understand the target and its historical financial performance
- Building financial models using assumptions to estimate a target valuation
- Understand the structure of the company and the areas in which it can add value to a target (and vice versa)
- Prepare customized presentations for Suite C as well as for the company’s Board of Directors so that they can assess the opportunity
- Preparing funding packages to be presented to potential funding partners to secure funding of the transaction
- Liaise with target, internal stakeholders (CEO / COO, Advisory Board) and stakeholders external parties (banks, partners, etc.) throughout the merger and acquisition process
Acting as a legal record keeper
- Review all new contracts (bank, customer, supplier, etc.), including detailed terms and conditions.
- Participate actively in contract negotiations, especially for business development
- Highlight areas of risk to relevant stakeholders and propose recommended changes
- Present the final contract for signature by the COO/controller of the company while highlighting areas of risk not covered by the contract and resolve as well the amendments made to the initial contract
- Legal Database Custodian – ensures fast tracking of current and expired contracts Review the legal database for completeness (make sure that all major clients and suppliers have valid contracts)
Ensure the financial analysis component
- Leads and conducts in-depth financial and qualitative analysis on various business lines, as required
- Analyze large datasets and be able to detect trends and provide information that was not previously obvious to the company’s management
- Present the results of the in-depth analyses to the relevant partners and provide the recommended action plan as follows
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in audit, management consulting, M&A, business valuation or analytics
business / data.
- Professional title: MBA, CA or CFA (an asset)
- Experience in reviewing legal contracts (an asset)
- Strong people skills to work cross-functionally in a merger and acquisition environment and be able to review/negotiate contracts with internal or external stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flows) and ability to estimate a valuation range for a target and to calculate various parameters such as payback period, IRR, etc.
- Understanding of the financing process for M&A transactions and ability to prepare financing decks to guarantee the latter
- Understanding of the legal review process and ability to identify contract clauses unfavourable to the company, and then the ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders to move the process forward to the signature
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry (an asset)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bilingualism (French, English).
- Advanced skills with the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and draw actionable conclusions
- Superior organizational and planning skills to successfully facilitate project management
- Ability to identify risks and mitigation plans
- Great sense of autonomy and resourcefulness
- Excellent analytical skills
- Superior organization and attention to detail skills
- Acts as a positive leader and has good team spirit
- Ability to evolve in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ease in making presentations to management while making recommendations
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.