TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) DIRECTOR, CORPORATE ACCOUNTING
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a well-established family business and leader in its field located in the Center-du-Québec region, is looking for a Director, Corporate Accounting to join its dynamic team and contribute to the growth of the company. company and its divisions.
CPA, minimum ten (10) years in a similar role ideally in SMEs, experience in coaching and personnel management, bilingual.
Transportation / Automotive
Are you interested in this position?
About our client
Our client, a well-established family business and leader in its field located in the Center-du-Quebec region with operations in Canada and the United States, is looking for a Director, Corporate Accounting to join its dynamic team and contribute to the growth of the company and its divisions.
The strategic role: Director, Corporate accounting
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director, Corporate Accounting will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising the financial activities of the future team of the shared services center.
He will be called upon to build a strategic plan and a successful team to support the growth of the organization. He will supervise the accounting activities to support the managers of the business units. He will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer by advising him on the standardization of practices, project management and the alignment of financial objectives in the overall strategy.
Also, he will participate in the selection of the new integrated technological solution and the implementation of the latter. He will play a leading role in supporting the design and implementation of several projects, including the shared service center, which will be put in place over the coming months. More specifically, his tasks will include:
- Oversee monthly and quarterly consolidation (Canada and United States)
- Present the analysis of financial statements and identify the differences between the actual and budgeted results
- Oversee the performance indicators dashboard in Power BI
- Advise the CFO to optimize and improve results
- Orient actions towards achieving growth objectives
- Evaluate and maximize the structure, methods and processes of the finance function
- Coordinate the implementation of the new shared service center
- Participate in the implementation of a new integrated system
- Advice and support managers in monitoring their operations
- Participate in the production of reports for management and the Board of Directors
- Supervise the entire budget process
- Propose an equitable distribution of costs from the shared service center to the business units
- Produce various analyzes required to monitor variances, ratios, and divergences in performance indicators
- Participate in the year-end audit process
- Participate in the due diligence review during the acquisition
- Propose policies that will facilitate the integration of new acquisitions
- Ensure compliance of business unit reports (transfer pricing, taxation, etc.)
- Act as a coach for the team and oversee its supervision
- Have at least ten (10) years of professional experience in a similar role, preferably within an SME
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in coaching and personnel management
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Perfectly bilingual (English and French) both orally and written
- Experience in consolidation and multi-currency
- Experience in systems implementation (an asset)
- Proficiency in Excel and knowledge of Access (an asset)
- Knowledge of Power BI
- Very good knowledge of PowerPoint
- Ability to provide mobilizing leadership focused on accountability and accountability
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate and adapt to diverse audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Integrity, rigour, discretion and concern for confidentiality in the processing of files
- Strong sense of leadership and being a team player
- Very high capacity for analysis and judgment
- Able to manage multiple priorities at once
- Ability to identify issues and propose solutions
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects effectively and efficiently
- Autonomous, energetic, enthusiastic, rigorous, determined, and credible
- People-oriented and comfortable translating strategic thinking into operational actions
- Team collaborator to achieve the objectives of the organization
- Comfortable interacting with all hierarchical levels
- Recognized for your leadership and your ability to influence
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.