TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) CORPORATE CONTROLLER
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a leader in the food retail industry, is looking for a Corporate Controller to join its dynamic team!
CPA, minimum of 10 years of relevant experience including 3 years as Corporate Controller, IFRS.
Contact Talinko – Talent Search!
Ottawa / Gatineau
Are you interested in this position?
THE POSITION: CORPORATE CONTROLLER
This new position of Corporate Controller will bring him to :
- Manage the process of preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
- Oversee the process of consolidating the financial statements of the company’s subsidiaries in accordance with the optimizing processes;
- Coordinating the process of preparing for a potential public offering by ensuring the sound governance of financial information and the implementation of various controls such as 52-109 or SOX.
- Coordinate relations with the external auditors and ensure the production of all financial statements and required documents while making the necessary recommendations for improving procedures;
- Promote the application of best practices in compliance with accounting and other standards of mandatory statutory regulations;
- Responsible for the group’s tax planning, the establishment of the tax provision and the advance payments.
- Responsible for determining fair value, valuation of balance sheet assets (price allocation, valuation of assets at fair value through profit or loss, and valuation of assets at fair value through profit or loss of purchases) and intangible items (goodwill) under IFRS.
- Participate in the budget process and financial forecasts by acting as an advisor for the different business units.
- Ensuring the production of monthly analytical reviews comparing results to budget, forecasts and other financial information;
- Oversee the creation and follow-up of various analyses using financial and other financial data; and to recommend indices for measuring financial and operational performance, thus allowing management to focus on innovation and the achievement of objectives;
- Manage special projects as required by the CFO or other members of senior management to bring about the company to meet world-class standards;
- Participate in the development of the company’s strategic business objectives by ensuring rigorous financial controls, reliable and effective internal controls and financial systems;
- Coordinates the production of memos relating to accounting pronouncements;
- Ensures the management of the personnel under his/her supervision in order to maximize the team’s strengths and mobilize the team of employees in achieving departmental and corporate objectives;
- Performing all other related functions within its field of competence in order to support the growth of the company.
- Possession of a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, including 3 years as corporate controller.
- Experience in an international public company
- Experience in a multi-company and multi-currency environment
- Excellent knowledge of accounting standards
- Knowledge of IFRS standards, including standards related to fair value accounting
- Experience in the production of dashboards and management reports
- Experience in managing budget processes (cost control)
- Analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in a private equity fund owned company
- Experience in a company with shared services (accounts receivable, payable, cash)
- Experience in the manufacturing and distribution field
- Experience in reviewing, implementing and improving processes (important asset) Experience in a fast-growing company
- Experience in system implementation
- Experience in a company that has experienced a stock market entry
- Mastery of Excel
- Knowledge of an ERP system
- Demonstrate initiative, autonomy, and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Highly developed communication skills ;
- Good ability to manage staff in addition to promoting their performance and development.
- Being an excellent motivator
- Sense of management and priorities
- Concern for confidentiality
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.