TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a large company located in Montreal, is looking for a Controller to ensure the strategic direction of the company’s accounting department.
CPA, a minimum of 5 years of experience in financial and accounting management, experience in the manufacturing field, US GAAP, Canadian GAAP and IFRS, team supervision.
Are you interested in this position?
Reporting directly to the Director of accounting, the Controller will be asked to assist the General Manager of the Canadian Group concerning the financial matters of the organization and the preparation of financial analysis of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules for the review of management. He will be responsible for establishing the short and long-term goals, strategies, plans and policies for the company related to Accounting.
Furthermore, his responsibilities include:
- Oversee the activities of the company’s accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including the internal monthly financial statements, and annual audits and budgets.
- Strategically plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the company’s accounting and finance fiscal function and performance for the company
- Overall responsibility for the financial accounting and providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the executive members in performing their responsibilities.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports, cash control, oversight of payroll processing, and payroll tax compliance.
- Review and approve accounts payable and verify that all payables comply with company policy.
- Provides strategic and tactical financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization, i.e. evaluation of potential alliance acquisitions and/or mergers and any financial investments and processes.
- Responsible for directing, planning, organizing and controlling all activities of the Information technology and ERP departments to ensure effective and efficient and secure operations of all technology projects.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounts Receivable Department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all AR components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.
- Review and approve applications for new open credit arrangements.
- Monitor delinquent A/R and initiate appropriate action on delinquent accounts.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting internal audits; provide information to external auditors.
- Protect company assets by monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Manage regulatory agency reporting requirements.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies as required.
- Coordinates the monthly-end and year-end closing processes for consolidated.
- Oversees the activities of Human Resources including payroll, benefits administration, performance management, recruiting and onboarding and employee relations and works closely with Human Resources on aligning Human Resources processes and practices.
- Directly supervise employees and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- 5+ years of financial and accounting management experience, including developing budgets and forecasts
- CPA designation
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Fluent in English and French (bilingual)
- Solid internal control experience
- Must have a foreign subsidiary or international experience (preferably working for a U.S. or Canadian corporation)
- Canadian tax and regulatory agency experience required.
- Good working knowledge of U.S GAAP, Canadian GAAP, and IFRS accounting standards.
- Good working knowledge of Canadian employment laws.
- ERP skills with a major IT system required.
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Superior organizational skills, deadline and results-oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, goal oriented with a high level of commitment and integrity
- Team player and collaborative spirit to work toward the company success
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.