TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Please note that this position is now filled.
Great opportunity! The CFO will be primarily responsible for managing the accounting and information technology team, financing research and shareholder relations, risk management, treasury and taxation.
A minimum of 15 years in a position of responsibility within the finance and accounting function in private and public companies as well as a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation are required.
Send us your CV today!
Are you interested in this position?
Working under the responsibility of the President as well as within the Management Committee and being very
involved in the establishment and execution of the strategy of the group of companies, the Chief Financial Officer
(CFO) will be primarily responsible for the management of the accounting and information technology team, and shareholder
relations, risk management, treasury and finance, as well as the management of the company’s taxation. In order to
be successful in this position, the Chief Financial Officer will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Analyze the company’s financial performance and propose solutions to maintain and develop the company’s
profitability of projects and investments;
- Participate in the development of the organization’s global strategies by integrating the financial reality;
- Manage all financing and investment projects, develop and maintain excellent relationships with business
investors, financial institutions and financial and regulatory authorities;
- Manage cash flow to ensure that the company meets its financial obligations;
- Establish management and control mechanisms for the management of assets and intellectual property;
- Manage the process of obtaining R & D credits and grants;
- Advise senior management on fiscal and financial strategies as well as investments;
- Supervise the development, implementation and maintenance of budgeting and accounting systems, as well
as the development and implementation of a new accounting system.
- Guiding the accounting team in bookkeeping and the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial
statements, in accordance with accounting standards;
- Guiding and training employees and providing active leadership within his department.
- Supervise and coach information technology, leases and procurement;
- Performs other duties associated with the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) as may be assigned by
the Board of Directors and the CEO or the Board.
- Undergraduate university education in accounting or finance and the title of professional accountant
- A minimum of 15 years in a position of responsibility within the finance and accounting function
Required skills and knowledge
- Excellent business acumen in an international SME context;
- Excellent knowledge of international and Canadian taxation;
- Strong expertise in financial accounting;
- Excellent strategic skills combined with a developed practical sense;
- Professional with the ability to play a strategic advisory role;
- Good communication, negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to grasp business and operational issues.
- Entrepreneurial temperament, strong propensity for action;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and very determined team player;
- Highly adaptable;
- Bilingual (French and English)
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.