TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
Please note that this position is now filled.
Our client, a manufacturing company based in Montérégie and a leader in its field, is looking for a Chief Accountant. As part of an international group and having several factories, the Canadian division, with more than 500 employees, is looking to fill the position of Chief Accountant to support the company’s growth plan.
CPA, minimum of 7 years of relevant experience including team supervision, internal controls, full accounting cycle.
Are you interested in this position?
- Reporting to the Comptroller, the Chief Accountant will be called upon to participate in the complete accounting cycle, including the preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements and related analyses;
- Supervise and coordinate the work of his team of 4 people by optimizing the efficiency of the various functions
- Collaborate in the development of budgets, financial forecasts and the five-year strategic plan
- Ensuring the review and maintenance of internal controls and following up on corrective actions
- Take part in the various stages of the accounting cycle (invoicing, accounts payable, credit, collection, etc.) of the Group and its affiliated entities, to ensure the preparation of financial reports in accordance with the best available information practices;
- Participate in the review and analysis of the cost price and calculation of margins per product
- Participate in the development and improvement of management tools and information.
- Ensure that documentation and procedures related to accounting processes are improved; and to ensure the accuracy of accounting records and financial information.
- Participate in the production of executive dashboards (KPIs)
- Participate in cash management
- Participate actively in various business process optimization projects.
- Participate in the monitoring of performance indicators;
- Supervising the fiscal year-end and participating in discussions with the external auditors
- Possession of a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 7 years of experience, including 2 years in team management
- Internal controls and the complete accounting cycle
- Experience in the manufacturing field
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics software)
- Experience in costing
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Mastery of the MS Office suite, including an excellent command of Excel
- Experience with an ERP
- Proficiency in both official languages, oral and written
- Good team spirit and collaboration
- Strong sense of priorities and excellent ability to support a team in its management of priorities
- Demonstrated ability to implement and/or improve different practices and processes
- Rigour, meticulousness, attention to detail and resourcefulness
- Ability to question and take initiative
- Autonomy and excellent adaptability
- Curious, analytical;
- Leadership, good communicator;
- Ability to identify problems and provide solutions
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.