TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
Please note that this position is now filled.
A leading player in its industry, our client is looking for a Chief Accountant to support their strategic plan for growth and process improvement. Under the supervision of the Controller, the Chief Accountant is responsible for all the company’s accounting activities with the main mandates of preparing financial statements and analyzes of the company’s financial situation.
CPA, minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, advanced mastery of Excel, good knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (ASPE), bilingual
Transportation / Automotive
Are you interested in this position?
Under the supervision of the Controller, the Chief Accountant is responsible for all activities including the company’s accountants with mandates of preparing the financial statements and analyses of the company’s financial situation.
- Preparing financial statements and ensuring the accuracy of the information provided;
- Analyze variances between results and budgets;
- Collecting, preparing and approving financial data to make accounting entries corresponding in the ledgers;
- Carry out the control and monitoring of accounting operations;
- Participate in the monitoring of performance indicators;
- Oversee government remittances;
- Manage and assign tasks to people under his responsibility;
- Analyze the profitability of the transactions and make recommendations to management;
- Provide suggestions for the improvement of internal control procedures;
- Participate in the preparation for the annual external audit;
- Perform any other tasks related to his/her role and expertise.
- Prepare financial statements;
- Review financial accounts to identify and explain variances;
- Supervise the general accounting and collections staff;
- Participate in various special mandates.
- LAC in accounting with relevant experience in the field;
- A recognized professional certification (CPA);
- More than 7 years of experience;
- Advanced mastery of Excel 2013 spreadsheet functions and ease with management software integrated in accounting;
- Good command of generally accepted accounting theories and principles (GACP);
- French (advanced) and English (functional) – both oral and written.
- Ability to concentrate despite stress and tight deadlines;
- Time management and respect of deadlines;
- thoroughness in the execution of his tasks and organization of his work;
- Autonomy and sense of initiative;
- Leadership, good communicator;
- Ability to identify problems and provide solutions;
- Curious, analytical;
- Entrepreneurial sense;
- Good spirit of collaboration and mutual aid.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.